Well, Lindsey pottied in the potty today all by herself!!! It was time to change her diaper this morning and I sent her to her room to get one. She came back with a book and a diaper and told me "this is the diaper" (holding up the book). So I pretended I was putting it on like a diaper and said, "No, that doesn't work! Silly Lindsey. Give me the real diaper." She played around and wouldn't give it to me. I just casually (as I often do) said, "Well, the just go to the potty and you can wear panties." She said no. So I told her she didn't have to put it on, but if she tted on my bed she would get a spanking. I got up to do some laundry, she was running around the house with just her t-shirt on. As she was running around she said, "I'm about to tt!" I told her to get me her diaper and I'd put it on. She said, "No, I'll go in the potty" and took off running to her little potty. It was dark in her room that she had to walk through and the bathroom was dark. I just said, "Ok." Yeah right I was thinking. Pretty quickly she came running back to me scraming, "I did it, Mom! I did it, Mom!" "Oh let me see!" Still thinking yeah right! Sure enough, there it was! TRUE EVIDENCE in her little potty! We had a party in the bathroom! She then wanted panties and the whole bit! We called Daddy and her friend Paige! She was so excited. I was excited because she did it all by herself, literally. No prompting from me, other than the suggestion 10 min. before when she had said no. No help getting to or on the potty from me. Now she wanted to put her panties on all by herself. We were going to Wal-Mart anyway to get a prize for not crying last night when we (Ryan and I) left for a date. She was getting a puzzle for that. So, I told her that we'd get a prize for going in the potty too! She picked out a puzzle and some new play dough toys. Worth every penny to me if she'll now wear panties! Today was a good day because we were staying home anyway. We don't have any plans for Thursday or Friday either. The next big thing we have is Saturday is the Cintas picnic. We'll see where we are in the process, but hopefully we are on the road to BIG GIRL PANTIES! So exciting!
I wrote all of the above info. around lunch time. As I get ready to go to bed I'm thankful that she did go in the potty again today! She didn't have any accidents and didn't even "go" while she napped in her bed. She didn't go again until after supper while I was putting Courtney down! She has some strong bladder control for sure! As crazy as that sounds...it isn't that unusual for her to hold it for a very long time. So, I'm thankful, but not that suprised that she didn't potty more than that today. She's in a diaper tonight. I hope that tomorrow brings the same excitement for her wearing panties as today did! Oh the joy of childhood. I guess I should get excited when I put on my panties tomorrow! :) Good night!
6.20.2007
BIG GIRL Day!
Posted by Sharon at 11:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awesome! I know you are so excited. Have you already thought about what you can spend the extra diaper money on? ha ha
YEAHHHHH!!!! Way to go Lindsey! congrats mom, hope it continues. I am taking the "wait until he initiates" approach with Conner too. He will get it one day....
Post a Comment