Elliott and Whit are big buds! She loves him or at least loves mothering him and he's good to let her!
We stay home some days and other days we get out and about. This day we met some friends at the mall for a playdate and lunch. Xander, (Isabella in her stroller), and Max all joined us! It was fun! Somehow Whitney seems to have all little boys around her!
Travis had to come to NWA to fly out for a mission trip, so Erin and the Bartlett boys came by to visit for a little bit. I love how these 2 pick up and play just like they used to. It is so sweet. I miss this boy and his mama more than words can describe. I am confident we will be life long friends! (and maybe in-laws one day--surely with her 3 boys and my 3 girls SOMEONE could end up together, right?!)
We were telling them to hug eaachother bye...but of course miss priss was being difficult
(aka playing hard to get)
The look on their faces (especially Whit's) is so stinkin' cute!
The next day we had the Ft. Smith Cintas Family picnic. I didn't remember to take my big camera and realized I hadn't taken many pics, so I only got a couple. The big girls helped Kathy and Ports with the sno cone machine. They thought they were big stuff! Kathy was sweet to let them help and I'm thankful they want to.
Paige and Lindsey have been friends since we moved to Greenwood. This was Lindsey's first friend when she was 2! I can't believe how big they are! Paige's dad has worked at Cintas for a few years so it was fun for Lindsey to get to see Paige at the picnic!
The weather has been so nice. It is probably my most favorite weather. Warm but not hot and the breeze is usually cool. Courtney says she's playing basketball this year so she's really trying to learn from Lindsey and Ryan. Lindsey still loves it and is excited to play again this year.
Whitney's favorite way to play ball...with Daddy's help
Ryan and I have enjoyed our Razorback tickets so much this year. It has been a good date night for us. This season has not been so enjoyable for us as Hog fans because of our horrible season. But, it's fun to go. It was rainy and stormy at this game. We lasted until the first game delay due to lightning.
Thankfully we have a lot of rain gear from Ryan's fishing days. So it doesn't fit me at all, but it keeps me dry so I'm good with it! We went home and helped Kelli get the girls in bed and then left to go eat dinner since we hadn't eaten yet. We went to JJ's and it was kinda like being at the game. It was FULL of hog fans, they had a big screen tv and everyone would cheer. It was fun.
When she's in the right mood, Whitney is a great helper. I was working on laundry and she wanted to help, so I taught her how to sort her laundry. She wasn't getting "coloreds" so we named it "rainbow" and "whites" and she did it perfect! She even finished sorting her dirty clothes and got Courtney's and sorted it for me! Nothing like starting them early on chores, right?
Cole had his tonsils out last week. He was feeling good so we took him a milkshake and hung out for a little bit. We played cards and stayed for a couple of hours. These 2 are so big and are seriously such good friends. I'm so thankful!
Everything about this post reminds me how blessed I am--great friends, my husbands wonderful job, getting to go on dates, friends for my girls, my healthy children, and living close to family. I needed that reminder!
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment