2.04.2010

Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Week

I don't have pictures, but here is our update. In one word: SICKNESS!

Last Sat. morning Lindsey woke up and had 103.3 temp. She has never run a fever like that! It sort of scared me, but she kept telling me that she didn't even feel bad. So then that bothered me. The mind of a mom is crazy!

So, in the snow and ice (6 inches) I started calling the walk in clinics to see when they would open. It was only 7:45! Of course the Greenwood clinic that is less than 5 min. from our house wasn't going to be open Sat or Sun due to the weather. That meant someone was going to have to drive her to Fort Smith. It wasn't going to me for multiple reasons--driving in that plus I had to be around to feed Whitney. I called the Fort Smith walk in clinic and their answering service said that as far as they knew, they would open as normal. Off they went at 8:15 to be there when they opened at 9:00. They (Ryan and Lindsey) pull up...no cars, locked doors. CLOSED! So I call the other clinic and they are open. So, he heads across town to that one. They get in to the doc and short story, she tests positive for Type A Flu (h1n1 strand is part of type A). Great! At least we know what it is and we caught it early. They come home and she has to stay quarinteened in our room to stay away from the rest of the family, except Ryan who is her nurse. :) Courtney plays outside in the snow, Whitney hangs out, Ryan takes care of Lindsey and I am somewhere in the middle of it all stressing OUT! Ryan is supposed to leave town on Monday morning for 4 days! Can you imagine?! Lindsey sleeps the day away, seems to feel fine when we wake her up at supper. Courtney has enjoyed her day as pretty much the only kid!

Sunday morning, I walk in to say hi to Courtney as she's watching tv. I touch her head and YES...she feels hot. I take her temp. 101.8. Immediately call the doc and have meds called in for her. She crawls in bed with Lindsey, since now they are both sick, they can hang out. I have a melt down. Ryan offers to cancel his trip and stay here with the sick girls. That way Whitney adn I can leave. So, that is just what we did. We left and went to Bentonville to see my parents! The roads in Greenwood were clear by this point and mom and dad tested hwy. 540 for a few miles for me and said it was clear, so off Whitney and I went up the mountain, through the snow (on the trees) to grandmother's house we go...almost the song!

Long story short, both girls were feeling better and fever free by Tuesday. So, Whit and I came home. I think they had a GOOD time with Daddy! While I was at mom and dad's house, I got congested really bad and called for a z-pack. Whitney got congested which is almost her normal, but got a really bad cough. So I made an appointment for her with her pediatrician on Tuesday morning to stop on our way home. She has her first ear infection.

Luckily now, all are doing fine.

However, on the way to take Lindsey to school this morning, Courtney threw up in the car. All I could think was--SERIOUSLY!?! Where are the candid cameras? It was raining, my kid just threw up and I have NOTHING in the car to clean her (or the car) up with. So I stopped, stripped her down to her panties (in the cold, wet rain) and put her back in the car with a Sonic paper bag "just in case." Thankfully we didn't need it. I've decided at this point that it was the meds this morning on an empty stomach. She's been fine. We'll see what the rest of today holds!

4 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

ugh! Hope ya'll are better soon! We went through that a couple of weeks ago....come on spring!

Alecia said...

Sounds like our week last week! Hope you all are better soon...This too shall pass:) Love you!

Katie said...

So sorry but at least your husband could stay home, what a blessing.

Ma said...

Sharon,

I just read your post. I'm in Kentucky with Shane. I hope all is well with the kids and you and Ryan. Stay healthy. Praying Whitney doesn't get it.