
What could be better after building a snowman than hot chocolate, or at least the marshmallows that go in it? I think that is all Courtney really wants, not the hot chocolate! She would NOT let me take a picture of her with her mug. She saw this picture and thought it was funny.

The reason that Lindsey is no where in these pictures is because she has the flu! Yes, my big girl who has been so healthy and avoided so much woke up with 103.3 fever this morning at 4:15! She didn't even call to me because she felt bad, she just needed to go potty. Then as I was tucking her back in her bed, she felt HOT, not warm, but her forehead was on FIRE! So I took her temp, saw the 103.3 and tried to calmly ask, "Do you feel bad?" Her answer, "No, why?" So I took it again, thinking surely this is wrong. How can you have 103 fever and not feel bad. Her cheeks were rosy and her eyes looked sick. 2nd temp read 103.2 I guess that was it. I let her (asked her to) come to our room on the floor. She did and acted fine, never complained.
Then at 5:30 she was still awake, as was I. Not sure why she was, but I was laying in bed thinking about why she doesn't feel bad with 103. I guess that was a good thing, but was it? Why does she NOT feel bad with 103? Is that a bad thing? Just the worried mom thoughts...
She asked to get in our bed, so Ryan went to the couch. She started talking to me so we watched tv for a while and then around 6:45 she was ready to get up. Continuing to tell me she felt fine. I told her that just in case she couldn't touch Whitney. Thankgoodness! Because by 8:00 she was "cold" and was ready for more tylenol. Her fever was back up to 100.8. It had gone away with the Tylenol I gave her at 4:30. So I start calling the after hours clinics. (Remember, we have 6 inches of fresh fallen snow on the ground!) The one in Greenwood is not opening all weekend. So I call the one in Fort Smith. The answering service says as far as they know, it will be open. There are 2 locations. Ryan gets ready and takes L to one of them, CLOSED! Oh no! I call the other one and they are open! Praise the Lord! They tested her for flu and it was positive! Oh.my.word! It is type A, which is the type that the H1N1 strand is under. We didn't do the H1N1 test for $200, but either way, it is the flu. She came home with Tamiflu and a z-pack. She's slept ALL afternoon, which is highly unlike her.
The hard part is that she can't go to school for a while. They say until she's at the very least fever free for 24 hours. That means she's home they suggested until Thursday! WHAT?! Ryan is leaving town on Monday and come back LATE Thursday! So that means I'm home, can't go anywhere with a child that has the flu, for 4 days ALL.BY.MYSELF. Not to mention, they suggested that obviously Lindsey stay away from her siblings and me as much as possible (since I'm still nursing!) That is going to be pretty hard without someone else here! Mercy! Stresses me out to just think about it! Reality is, I'll do my best. I wiped the door knobs and bathroom. Kitchen counter and table. Light switches and such all with Lysol wipes. What more can I do other than pray for God's protection over Whitney, who is my main concern at this point.
Sorry for the long post, if you are still reading, pray for our family this week when you think about it! Safe travel, L to get well and for the rest of us to stay well!
5 comments:
Oh no! That is so awful! I hope she gets better soon and will be praying it doesn't spread. :(
The doctors can give all of you, except Whit, Tamiflu, to help prevent or decrease the severity of it if you get it. It is the protocol around here to give it to the entire family. The Berteaus just had it and they were all on tamiflu even though Conner and Sid never got sick. You should call the nurse line at your peds office and see if they will call it in for ya'll.
Oh No! That's horrible! Yes, yall should all get Tamiflu. That's what Ash, Dave and Mom did when Anna got it. Hope you have an easy Sunday. I can't imagine the week you must be facing. I bet it ends up being a lot easier than what you think. Ash took Anna out after a few days, just no school. Praying for you!
Whittney is a perfect combination of both girls, she is so sweet. I used to put a little vaseline in lauren's hair and put little bows in it. It sounds kind of gross but they stick and looks cute. I think you can buy them at botiques or make your own. Just buy a little ribbon, and add a little glob of vaseline and it should work. So sorry about your sick Lindsey. That is so hard.
Whitney is so precious. I love the picture of the girls waiting for their grandparents. So sweet! I hope that by now everyone is feeling better and you are surviving being home alone (if you can say that with three kids)...
Post a Comment