*I have blogged A LOT tonight, so scroll down!
I have a lot of things to share about this weekend. Here is the first...and only...picture I took at our house. Boys aren't into picture taking and I wasn't bold enough to ask since there were so many I didn't know.There isn't a good way to write all of this out, so I think I'll share "tid bits" that I want to remember:
- We hosted 15 junior boys at our house, plus 2 leaders. Not to mention Ryan, myself and Whitney having to sleep somewhere.
- Sat. morning we cooked an entire box of pancake mix, 18 blueberry muffins, a pack and a half of bacon, half 15 sausage patties, apples, 2 boxes of strawberries, 1 bag of powdered doughnuts. There was hardly ANYTHING left on the table!
- These boys are amazing! Here they are singing praise and worship. (I wanted to stay and listen, but went to the girls house instead)
- I love watching Ryan with these guys, getting some "guy time" in, as well as watching him interact and have that relationship with them that I know is based on more than just his XBOX.
- Watching a room full of teenagers worshiping the Lord is AWESOME! Many times it is challenging to me to worship like them and to love God like them.
- This weekend was total confirmation to me that I am ready to go back to teaching youth. These girls that I have not taught this year, but taught last year, were the ones I hung out with during this DNow weekend. I miss them. I'm ready to get back and grow with them for their senior year!
- Sunday morning we cooked another pack and a half of bacon, 15 sausage patties, 40 biscuits, 3 packs of gravy, scrambled almost 2 dozen eggs, cooked 1 pack of cinnamon rolls and 2 packs of orange rolls, apples and strawberries. Just had some eggs left...Wow!
- I saw God move, I saw God work on hearts and I saw teenagers step out and be used by God! Amazing!
I look forward to see what God is going to do with the things he showed me and the youth here this weekend. He's working on hearts and changing lives. I'm so thankful to be part of it in such a small way. I konw it was a GREAT AWAKENING (the theme) for me! Praise the Lord!
3 comments:
wow...what a great weekend! that is some serious food! good gracious. i can't even picture all that food and all those boys in your kitchen. whew! so glad yall were willing and able to serve. awesome!!
loved the other posts as well. the girls look so big. can't be believe all the kiddos btw you and martha! cuties for sure!!
What an amazing weekend it was! Still trying to wrap my brain around everything that Wade shared and how it applied to me as well as students. So glad to be a part of it. Can't wait to see where we all are at in our walk in 3 months. May we all be Awakened!
what an awesome thing to read. your heart is so awesome Sharon :)
Post a Comment