We've had a good week. Busy at times, but good. We started the week saying HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Honey! We didn't get to see Honey on her actual birthday, but they came down on Sat. to visit and watch Lindsey cheer, so we gave her present to her then. I got her this necklace. It is super cute! She (and my girls) like birthstones, so that is why I chose this one. I think she liked it....(this pic is the one from the website, obviously not her exact one)
Then on Sunday, I got up to get ready for church and when I looked at my phone, I had a text: William Ross Cowgur was born Sunday morning at 3:01. Isn't he adorable? I haven't gotten to see him in person yet, but I'm dying to hold him. Martha was a super star and had no drugs--simply because Will was coming and coming quickly! All are home and doing fantastic!
Then on Sunday, I got up to get ready for church and when I looked at my phone, I had a text: William Ross Cowgur was born Sunday morning at 3:01. Isn't he adorable? I haven't gotten to see him in person yet, but I'm dying to hold him. Martha was a super star and had no drugs--simply because Will was coming and coming quickly! All are home and doing fantastic!We've had a pretty normal week...until this morning. My mom called me, which isn't that unusual, but it was still early for her to call. Long story short, my dad had a very mild heart attack this morning. At 2:15 or so, mom took him to the hospital and they took him back quickly. They did an angieogram (not sure how to spell that) and did a balloon. So when mom called at 6:50, he was recovering in ICU and she was home to "get ready" and do some real estate stuff for dad. He was himself before she left, giving her instructions on the things she needed to get done for him today! ha! About an hour later, he (dad) text me and asked if I had talked to mom yet today! Ummmm, yes and WHY are you on the phone in ICU. Those were the first words out of my mouth when I called him! :) He sounded great and said he was feeling good other than having to lay flat on his back for 3 more hours. I got lots of sweet texts and phone calls from cousins and friends. What a blessing. I could go on and on about how I'm struggling staying home, struggling not being there with my dad and even my mom as she is just "there." However, after talking to mom about it for a while, we decided that bringing 3 girls there wouldn't really be much help at all! Plus, she left there and as of an hour ago was just going back to visit. My dad had some of his golf buddies come by. So, I know he enjoyed them coming to visit. They have some great friends and I know mom will be taken care of. I talked to Taylor and he is going to try and get up there today and see mom. He's having car trouble, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully they will go home tomorrow. We are going up on Sat. morning to see them. So much going on here and nothing we can really do there but be in the way. I feel so torn, but mom seems ok and if something changes I will be in my car driving there super fast! Please say a prayer for a quick recovery and a healthy heart!


1 comments:
I'm glad he is okay Sharon.
Thinking of you.
Post a Comment