I feel like I'm catching up all the time. Whether it is pictures, house, laundry, kids, dishes, etc. Why is that? It seems to be a "theme" lately with me. Oh well...
This is a picture of Whit taking a bath at Honey's house when she and I were up there while Ryan was home taking care of our sick girls. It was too funny not to get a quick picture of it!This is from last weekend when Honey and Granddad came down for Honey's birthday and to watch Lindsey cheer. Whitney was asleep, but here is the birthday girl with 2 of her granddaughters.
Then Courtney was DONE with pictures, so here is Granddad in on the pic, with Whitney, minus Courtney. Oh well...
Ryan got me a zoom lens for Christmas and we have had fun "playing" with it at Upward games. Ryan got this picture on Sat. Pretty good for us rookies! ha!
Here is Lindsey and her friend Maggie...
Today at school she's having her Valentine's Day party. She was beyoned THRILLED to say the least. She's been working on this masterpiece of a box ALL.WEEK.LONG! I'm glad it is finished. I don't think she got everything done she intended to, but she had to take it today, so it had to be finished, like it or not. She was so proud. I put the paper on and did her name in box letters, but she did everything else on her own! I'm so proud of her!
This is the top of her box...
This is the bottom of her box...
One of the sides....
Another side...(notice her name with "polka dots" that she did herself) Can you find all of her name? Lindsey Lee Scogin? So precious!

I was glad that she got so excited about this project. So many times parents (including myself) want it to look a certain way, look just right and be "how it is supposed to be" but this time I just stood back and watched her little mind work. She was so excited and so proud! It made me happy to see her show it off to her teacher! Lindsey's quite the artist!
I was glad that she got so excited about this project. So many times parents (including myself) want it to look a certain way, look just right and be "how it is supposed to be" but this time I just stood back and watched her little mind work. She was so excited and so proud! It made me happy to see her show it off to her teacher! Lindsey's quite the artist!
A precious (to a mommy) story:
Last night when I was telling Lindsey good night, she said she wanted to tell me something, but that I couldn't tell Courtney. Ok. She said, "You know how Daddy left you notes as a surprise?" side story really quickly: While I was at mom and dad's house with Whitney and he was here with the sick girls, he decided to leave me notes around the house in random places. He's never done that and it is one of the sweetest, most thoughtful things he's ever done! I found them for several days. I'm not sure that there isn't one left somewhere. Lindsey would see me find one and so we talked about it. back to original story: She said, "I left a Valentine card in Courtney's toy drawer for her to find as a surprise. Just like Daddy left you notes for surprises." Melt.my.heart! Anyone who says they aren't paying attention, that they don't listen and that what you do does not influence your children...here you go! What a good daddy he is and what a great example for her to follow! I love them both dearly! Courtney hasn't found it yet, but I KNOW she'll be excited when she does!
2 comments:
Precious mailbox . . . she did a great job! Polka dot letters really brings back some memories!
That is the sweetest thing both what Ryan did (GO Ryan!!!) and how LL copied it! Wow! Talk about setting a great example!
Post a Comment