I have to remember these conversations!
Lindsey is learning to sound out words and read at school these days. So she's sounding out everything that she sees. I'm so glad, but it is funny sometimes the things we argue about.
I have some towels in the guest bathroom that say "Ho Ho Ho" on them. Lindsey was in there and said, "Mom, these towels say "ha ha ha." I corrected her and said, "No, they say Ho Ho Ho like Santa says." "No mom" she says, "O says (and makes the o sound like ostrich)." --You might should say that outloud to get the effect.-- She's right, in the sense of learning vowel sounds, but I reminded her that O says two sounds. They haven't done that yet I guess, so we argued about it. I think she still might think I'm wrong!
Yesterday afternoon I bought some candles at Khol's and Courtney and I had been smelling all of them to see which ones I liked. Our little shopping trip while Lindsey was at dance. We were headed to the check out and she wanted to smell the ones I got. I told her she could later. Then she asked again when we got to the car. I said, "Not right now, when we get home. They are all wrapped up, so you can smell them at home." She (in a very normal, but serious voice) says, "I can wrap them down, Mommy." Get it...if they are wrapped up, she can wrap them down! Smart girl!
Sometimes the english language is so confusing...and silly!
12.09.2009
Silly English Language
Posted by Sharon at 2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Too cute! I'm glad you are putting all that in writing.
Adorable! Tough having smart kids! :o)
I love it!! Of course she could wrap them down!!
Post a Comment