When Whitney was 3 weeks old, she got what the pediatrician over the phone called a "newborn cold." Meaning that her body was adjusting to all the allergens and such in the air. She would sometimes get better, but most of the time she sounded very very congested. It was so frustrating as a mom to not be able to help her and fix it. I ended up taking her to the doctor and he tested her for RSV, but it was negative.
I was talking to my friend Lesli whose boys had really bad reflux, so she bought these wedges for them (she has twins) and loved them. They are so high that you have to strap the baby to it. So, here is Whitney strapped to her mountain, but at least she could breath better. She is still in our room in the pack and play for a couple of reasons, but mostly because when she's congested I like to be able to hear her and be able to check on her. The humidifier sits on the floor on high right beside her bed! This picture almost doesn't do the "steepness" justice! It really is a big hill!
12.10.2009
Me vs. Allergies
Posted by Sharon at 8:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So glad the meds seem to be helping! Love the "mountain" she's on, I haven't seen one that huge before, but it seems like it would help. We always had to prop the girls up b/c of their reflux but I never saw one of those, would've been helpful I bet!
Post a Comment