12.29.2009

Christmas Events (record for most pictures ever!)

This started off some of our Christmas festivities...making Christmas cookies. (yes, Courtney is in her Halloween pjs!) Some of their creations...Can you guess who made each one?? Striped ones (with coordinating sprinkle colors that you can only see if you look closely) were made by Lindsey. The very un-decorated as well as the over-decorated cookies were made by Courtney. The red with green sprinkles is mine! Fun times!

Please excuse the nakedness in the next few...we will do this differently next year now that the girls are older, but we were in the middle of it when I realized it! Oh well...they are only 5 and 3!
We have had the tradition of opening up Christmas pjs to sleep in. When they were 4 and 2 or the year before, they just cared about opening a present. This year, the contents of the present was way more important. You can't tell that from Courtney, but you can see it ALL OVER Lindsey's face. We might need to change this up a bit in the coming years....

Lindsey just sat and looked at them in the box for a good minute or so! I could see it all over her face....she's thinking...."seriously, this is it. this is the present i got to open?"
Courtney opened Whitney's for her. We tried to take a "sister picture" but Whitney was screaming the whole time...

Lindsey finally took hers out of the box and agreed to wear them. Then they wrote letters to Santa. I love this one of Lindsey because you can see the beginning of her letter (if you make it bigger you can).

Courtney working hard on....drawing things for Santa.

Getting it all set up. You can see Whitney sleeping, thus the screaming sister picture that didn't turn out. They each picked 2 cookies for Santa and Lindsey picked out the cup for his milk.

This picture is one of my favorites from our entire Christmas weekend!

Here are all of the goodies set out from Santa!

They slept in Lindsey's room and woke up at 6:06. As soon as I heard them on the monitor, I went in there and we let them get up early! They usually have to stay in bed until 7:00, but obviously we weren't going to make them do that on Christmas morning! The blind is open because it had snowed and they were looking at it...
Lindsey's big gift from Santa was an art set! 130 pieces! She was thrilled!

Courtney's big gift was a pink castle!
Whitney missed the initial "get up" because she was sleeping and I was not going to wake her up for it...so when she got up, Lindsey and Ryan showed her what Santa brought her! A singing bus and name tags for her bottles and cups when she starts going to the nursery!
Then Lindsey and Courtney passed out all of the presents...this was ALL theirs! Lindsey's on her side, Courtney's on hers and their "together" presents in the middle! OH.my word!
She was thrilled to get this Ariel for the bathtub!
Ryan went to get this on his own and surprised us all...remote control cars for them! Courtney saw it as she opened it and said, "Is this a boy toy?" I wanted to say, "Yes, yes it is Courtney...it is more for your daddy than you." But we told her how fun it would be to drive that car. She has liked it, but for sure Ryan has enjoyed them more! Oh to have had a baby boy....but we just wouldn't know what to do with one of those around this house!
Can you say MESS?!?! I can't imagine what next year will look like with Whitney opening presents! WOW!
We had a white Christmas. It was very pretty. But, it did mean that Uncle Taylor and Amber missed out on Christmas Day activities. They came down on Sat. though!
Making a snow angel! She wanted to do this soooo badly! Plus, I got to practice with my new zoom lens Ryan got me! It is amazing!
How adorable is this picture?
They both got sleeping bags for Christmas. So, Christmas night they both slept in the floor in Lindsey's room! I see many a nights like this in my future, but with one more little girl added to this picture! I love it! I love watching them and their sisterly relationship...it is priceless!
Uncle Taylor and Whitney
Amber (soon to be Aunt Amber!) and the big girls watching Snow White that she and Taylor gave them for Christmas!
Mom has this fairly new tradition for us to find this pickle ornament on the tree. Whoever finds it gets a prize. We do a "big kid" (adults) search for a gift card and then the girls searched and they each got $1! Courtney found it, but wasn't sure about reaching into the tree to get it, so that is why they both "won" this year! Here is our mantle. Notice my new "sign" that I got! I love it! It has the 3 girls' names and then on top of that it says "all because two people fell in love." Just perfect! I love it hanging there!
My first Christmas!
Sweet sisters
I think this could be a super cute picture, but Whit was getting tired of pictures by this point.
My sweet baby that will be walking and babbling and opening presents herself next year!
Wow! To sum it all up...we are blessed. I feel like even saying that is an undrestatement! What a wonderful Christmas we had. We got to celebrate at different times with all of our families and we talked about the real meaning of Christmas. We got to see the joy on our girls' faces as they opened their gifts. We got to make memories and keep traditions. It was perfect! To add to all of the excitement that we had...Taylor and Amber announced that they are engaged! We are so thrilled to have her be part of our family! She's been around and part of it for going on 7 years! I'm just glad that they are making it official and moving on to the next stage of life! We love you Taylor and Amber! Congratulations!

2 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

Cute! LOve your new sign and your mantel decor! Love all the pix of the girls too! Good times!

Cheryl said...

Oh Sharon, I loved every single pic of your sweet family! And where did you get the sign? What a cool idea! :) Blessings to you in this new year!