12.20.2009

Catching Up

Here we are the week of Christmas. We started our celebrations this weekend with Ryan's family. We went to his mom's house on Sat. morning. It was our first "trip" (overnight) with all 3 girls. Needless to say, our car was packed to the gills! Between just our suitcases, 2 sleeping bags, a pack and play, portable swing, sleeping wedge, presents and a few snacks...we had a full load! We were ready though and had a great time!

We just did a simple lunch with sandwiches and dips. Then opened presents. Lindsey got several "arty" type things, legos (big hit), and a few other things. Courtney got some "arty" stuff too, littlest pet shop, and some other things. It was a blessed time! We love spending time with family.

We worked out the sleeping situation and had a good night. Then we got up...that's when it started. First, Lindsey was playing and all of the sudden got "sick" and became very pale and of course we were thinking it was her "turn" since last week I had been sick and Courtney had been as well. Then she kept acting like she was fine. Courtney then started acting very clingy and very weird. She had not eaten much of anything all day on Sat. So we were wondering if she was getting dehydrated. She was also pale and almost what I would call lathargic. Then the next thing I know, she's in the bathroom "sick" as well.

It was a very surreal mom moment for me. Here I am at my mother in law's house with 2 sick girls! We are well taken care of there, but we aren't home. Not only are we not home, we are almost 2 hours from home. What do we do? We were supposed to be going to his dad's house to celebrate there. Needless to say, we went home to Greenwood.

On the way home, both girls did good. Courtney was more fussy and seemed to not feel good. However, Lindsey was totally normal. Courtney thankfully went to sleep and woke up at home. Once they were inside, life was normal. Playing, running, talking, laughing, no more sickness. I'm so thankful. I have NO idea what it was and don't really care. I'm just sad we had to postpone one of our Christmases. It will be rescheduled I'm certain!

We have a busy week. We are going to try and do some fun things and get ready for Christmas!

0 comments: