Today my first baby turned 5. It was just a little bit ago by the clock that she was born. I was SO sick with her after my c-section. It had been a long day. Today was a fun day though! She woke up ready to play and do a lot of her gifts from her party this weekend. It wasn't long before the phone started ringing with birthday wishes. She felt so important!Then for breakfast she wanted pancakes. So, pancakes she got! Courtney and I sang "Happy Birthday" to her. It was super cute, Courtney sang so sweetly! Lindsey was so excited. She told me several times that she was happy I put candles in her pancakes.
Growing up and so pretty!
We met Daddy at Chuck E. Cheese for lunch! What a good daddy!! It was a perfect lunch date for the birthday girl. (I have to say that last night when he told her at bedtime we were going to do this, she told him that she didn't want Courtney or I to go!! Nice!) She's a daddy's girl!
After our lunch date (that we ALL went on!) I took her to Michael's to shop. She got some birthday money and after going there the other day she and I both thought it would be a perfect place for her to spend her money. I was right! I had to limit what she got. She has a little bit left, but not much! She got TONS of "arts and crafts" that she worked on this afternoon. She also got a couple for her birthday on Sat. at her party and we did those today as well! WOW! I feel like I've been teaching VBS crafts or something! Seriously! It is fun and watching her do her projects and get excited is priceless!
Tonight she asked for spaghetti for supper. She must have been hungry because she had eaten a lot before I could get over to the table with the camera! Excuse the crazy hair, she'd been outside riding her bike with her helmet...thus, the messy and sweaty hair! She liked the red plate, but at the same time she didn't make a big deal out of it like I thought she would. Which is fine, just surprising. She didn't even want any of her cheesecake for dessert!
2 comments:
Happy birthday, Lindsey! I cannot believe it has been five years! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. May you have a year full of blessings and smiles.
What a special birthday! I still can't believe it's been 5 years!
Post a Comment