Last Sat. we went to the lake for the WHOLE DAY! We invited the Curry Family to go with us. We had a blast. I forgot my camera (yes, I rarely do that!) somehow along with extra diapers! Two very important items. However, thankfully Tracy brought theirs! She said they debated since I always have mine...what would we have done on the boat with no camera?! Ha!
This all but one of the kiddos.
Collin, Courtney, Paige and Lindsey
(Austin was sitting at the front)
This is Gary Don and Tracy! Isn't that a great picture?!?

Lindsey decided to get real brave! She jumped off the top of the back deck! You can sort of get the idea of how high it was. The Curry boys were jumping and Ryan (sort of jokingly) told Lindsey to try it. SHE DID! A little side story to this is that she also jumped off the diving board while she was visitng Honey! They went to a friend's house to swim and both girls were jumping and jumping off of the diving board! So, he thought she might, but you never know....here she is!

I LOVE this one of Courtney! Tracy got just the right timing! You can see how high it really is! Of course she was not going to be outdone by Lindsey.
We convinced Lindsey, Paige and Courtney to ride in the "red boat." However, we were strictly instructed to go very very slow. We were idling...seriously...not hardly moving. It was so cute, but so funny to really think about us not really even "going" at all! They thought it was GREAT!
Then there were the big boys. Collin LOVED the tube! He is 9 (I think) and fearless!! Austin is 12 and he liked it, but wasn't as into it as Collin was. Ryan convinced Collin to ride with him. Against Collin's will, almost, they rode together. We later learned that probably the main reason he didn't want to ride with Ryan was to keep his clean record of not being thrown off the tube! ha! Ryan ended up flipping them over on purpose and Collin made sure that we all knew it was RYAN's fault they flipped! So cute!
I know God's plan is best and as much as a boy scares me to death, watching Ryan with these boys made me picture him being a great boy dad to what MIGHT (only God knows, huh Ang?) be a boy in this growing belly of mine. I had fun enjoying watching him get to be "rough and tough" even if that was just splashing, teasing, or riding the tube with these boys.All of that was on Sat. Then on Sunday he went back to the lake. This time, he took BIG boys--16 year olds! His Sunday School class went. He took 4 boys with him that are almost as big as he is, one being a big Greenwood offensive lineman! Yes, BIG boys! I was not invited on this trip (wonder why?!) but from the stories I heard, they had so much fun! I don't know who had more fun--the boys on the tubes or Ryan driving them around! He said they never put the anchor down and burned an entire tank of gas! They left after church, drove through and got some lunch. He walked back in our house at 10:00! Yes, they had fun! Of course there wasn't a mom on there taking pictures, so we will have to imagine...only if you want to!!
2 comments:
What fun times!
I am eager to see what kind of baby God is knitting in your womb...
These are awesome pictures! So much fun! I'm so craving a boat and a lake!!! Wish we could take them back to Doha with us!! These are memories you can't replace. I remember them and treasure them so much with my family!! You're girls will love it!
Post a Comment