2.06.2009

I Samuel 1:27

"For this child I prayed....

Ryan and I have been up and down and back and forth about having a 3rd child. It wasn't as "automatic" to us and having our first and second. We decided last fall that neither of us felt content so we would have ONE more baby! God blessed us and our desire! We are so happy! I am only 5 weeks pregnant, so please pray for a healthy baby. My other prayer request is that I won't be sick. I was not sick at all with Lindsey, felt awesome and could eat and do anything I wanted. With Courtney I was so nauseous that I ended up taking medicine for it the entire pregnancy. Either way I know it will be fine and worth it, but I just want this to be an easy pregnancy since I'm chasing a 4 and 2 year old around!

We just told the girls! I bought a calendar so I could show them how "far away" it would be until our little one arrived. We went through each month and wrote down every one's birthdays. Lindsey enjoyed that and Courtney was somewhat distracted (surprise, surprise). Then when we got to October, I told here that on "one of these days (pointing to the beginning of the month) mommy is going to have a baby!" Courtney didn't respond. Lindsey was almost speechless. She had a "goofy" grin on her face and said, "What is her name going to be?" Ha! That is funny. I told her we didn't know, but that what if it was a boy and not a her. She just laughed. I don't think Courtney even LISTENED to what we were talking about. Lindsey then very quickly moved on to wanting to figure out what else we could write on the calendar--much more fun than thinking about a baby, right?!

11 comments:

Fort Smith Girl said...

Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for ya'll!!!

shannon said...

Congrats! All I can say is that it must get easier or people wouldn't have the 3rd, 4th, etc... Ha! I feel like I am drowning some days with these two. Please don't take this the wrong way, I am happy you are having another one and it gives me hope for us!

Beaubecky said...

THAT IS AWESOME!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shannon said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!! So happy for you! you guys make beautiful babies!!! xoxo, shannon

Lauren said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh! CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting!

Mark and Amy said...

Oh my, Sharon! When I asked about viewing your blog again, I had no idea what I'd see as your latest post! WOW! Congratulations to you and Ryan; I do pray that it is a smooth pregnancy for you.

Amanda said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! I will pray for a healthy baby and a happy pregnancy.

Ma said...

Well, I sure wasn't expecting such a blessing when I opened your blog. Next time email me and prepare me for such news!

I'll email Jessica right away. This will be so much fun...reading your blog and enjoying your pregnancy with you!

Looking forward to many mores posts little mommy!

Betsy

Alisa Berteau said...

SOOOO EXCITED for your family! 3 is GREAT!!! if ben were on board, I would have 4, but I am satisfied with 3. Can't wait to see how the girls react when they really realize what is happening!

Julie said...

Congratulations, Sharon. I was wondering if someone in the "group" of neighborhood girls around here was pregnant when Sherry posted on her Facebook that she was excited for a good friend because children were a blessing from the Lord.

I'm happy for you guys.

Lynne Paulus said...

You know I'm so excited for you and this new little Scogin!!! Sounds like the girls took the news well. I'm sure this time will be a unique experience having them being able to be apart of things. What a fun newness that will be! I will be praying for the yuckiness to stay far from you so you can function! SO exciting Sharon! What a blessing this little one is. Hey, October is a great birthday month too! Love ya!