Lord, I desire to be a useful and relevant tool for Your purposes in this generation. Give me eyes to see the ways that I have been influenced by this culture, causing me to ecome apathetic and passive regarding Your plans for me. Forgive me for allowing the things of this world to replae my fervent desire for the things that are eternal. I want a restored passionate relationship with You, one in which I can be used for Your glory. I do not want to be on the shelf, unable to be an efficient servant of Yours because I am lukewarm. Forgive me of the sin of indifference and complacency. Give me a renewed sensitivity to the things that matter to you. Will you reignite the fire and passon between us this week? As I presss into You, open my spiritual eyes to see the holes I have lfet unguarded to the world and its influences. Reveal to me the spirits of this age that creep in, affecting my friendship with you, and show me the places they enter. As we talk this week, give me Your courage to do whatever is necessary to fix the holes by severing relationships with anyone and anything assisting in keeping us from experiencing sweet intimacy and fellowship. Thank You for knocking onthe door of my heart. I'm listening for Your arrival and will answer Your call quickly and in full obedience.
In Jesus name, Amen
"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold orhot. So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."
Revelation 3:15-16
This is EXACTLY what I needed to read today! Wow! Isn't God amazing. I have had this kind of attitude for way too long. Just going along and being very lukewarm. That is so sad to my Savior, my Rock and my Comforter!
2.23.2009
My Prayer
Posted by Sharon at 2:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing this, Sharon! I read something similar about 6 weeks ago and it has just stuck with me on a daily basis. Good stuff and a wonderful prayer/desire.
Thanks for sharing! Something I needed to read, too.
Post a Comment