As if I have something to report! Ha! I don't really, but wanted to put this out there....I am starting to feel so much worse! :( Ugghh!! Just like I did with Courtney. Headaches and woozy! I don't feel sick, but almost like a horrible sinus infection headache where you just want to lay in a dark room and close your eyes with no sound or light. That is what you want. But, reality is that you have a 4 1/2 year old and a 2 1/2 year old. They are busy. I started teaching MDO, I have stuff I need to do. I don't have time to feel like this! :) Right!?!
I go to the doctor/nurse on Wednesday. I will see the finance lady (fun!) and then the nurse and do blood work. Nothing exciting, but I am going to mention how I feel. For some reason I don't want to take that medicine again, but at the same time I can't feel like this everyday. I'm such a wimp I guess. I don't know of too many people taking things to feel better when they are pregnant! Am I weird? I have a high pain tollerance (Ryan would even agree with that), but ZERO tollerance for feeling nauseous and having a headache 24/7. Even in the middle of the night, if Courtney wakes up or something (like last night twice) I can hardly go in there without feeling sick to my stomach so bad!
Any good ideas are appreciated. I told Ryan tonight that maybe I need to be better about eating "snacks" or something. I've heard that people do that. It seems to be that when I do eat, I feel better. I'm also drinking WAY less Diet Coke. Which I think is a good thing, but also a culprit of some of the headaches. Such a circle.
On the same note, I am so excited. I think I get more and more excited all the time about this little one. Today our pastor preached on "sanctity of life" and I did a skit about abortion. It was all too real knowing that there is this little baby (not fetus) in me with a beating heart, footprints, "buds" for fingers, "dents" for ears, so many many of the internal organs are there as well! Wow! It is amazing to stop and think about what all is going on. I can get over these headaches and this woozy feeling for "it" (aka him/her)--I feel weird calling my baby an "it." So precious!
"It" leads to another funny story--When I'm pregnant, Ryan accidently nicknames "it" which turns out to be fun since we don't find out what we are having. With Lindsey she was "RJ" (Ryan Junior) because I told him I wasn't into initals, but some people are. Then with Courtney he wanted to name "it" Skeet if it was a boy. Yes, you read that correct SKEET. There is a fisherman named Skeet Reece and his favorite fishing boat is a Skeeter, therefore he thought it would be logical to name a boy Skeet. I refused, so that was the nickname. In a story way too long to type, he named this one "Tres" as in uno, dos, tres, quatro....but we will NOT have quatro! :) Again, this isn't something that we sit around and discuss, but most of you know Ryan and how dry but funny he is. This is how that happens. So, Tres it is! I no longer have to refer to "it" as It, but for now until October, we have Tres!! I love my husband!
Stay tuned for Tres updates....I'm sure there will be many more than you care to read about!
2.15.2009
Pregnancy "update"
Posted by Sharon at 7:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Prego pops (suckers) at Motherhood -- had one most mornings before heading to the gym -- kinda' calms the tummy. Or popsicles. Or Saltines and diet coke in the morning for me. Or all of the above -- are you feeling ill yet!?!? :o)
With Lauren I lived on crackers and Sprite...had them ready for me at all times. I remember asking the dr. office and they highly recommended crackers with peanut butter (or anything protein)...however, I could not get to the point of eating peanut butter at that point in time. :) We did the nickname thing too (we never found out either)...will be praying for Tres!
I have absolutely no suggestions. I can't imagine those headaches. I get them when I don't have enough sleep...they are what I consider a migraine. I'm so sorry. About the tummy...do you think it could be the vitamins. A friend of mine just switched to flinstones and it changed everything for her. Took her 3 babies to figure that out. I wouldn't hesitate to take meds my doc recommends. I wouldn't go out on my own and try something but if they suggest something I would do it. Pray for peace about it first. If you don't want to, don't do it. Love you and that sweet tres! :)
I sucked on lemon drops or sweetarts...seemed to help some.
And btw~ never say never on that quatro!!! hehe! God has a since of humor, they say!
I felt the same way with Emma Kate... I was just BLAH all day and then it seemed like it got worse in the middle of the night. I couldn't eat big meals... I just kind of snacked all day. I've heard those preggie pops are amazing. My sister-in-law wore Seabands on her wrists her entire pregnancy and they seemed to help her! Hopefully you'll get to feeling better soon!
I don't know Sharon, looks like you got some good advice. The Sprite and 7up really helped me, get the regular sugar kind the non-diet. That seemed to really pep me up and make me not feel sick. I think it is fine to have a few diet cokes a day. My dr. told me up to three cups of coffee a day would be fine? I know coffee has a lot more caffenine then coke.
Post a Comment