2.14.2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day! We had parties at MDO this week and the girls took their cards to their friends there. Courtney picked out Mickey Mouse ones with stickers. She thought she was so big. It looks like she's writing, but she just "colored" and I helped her write the names.


Lindsey picked out princess ones, of course! Her preschool teacher suggested doing them in "spurts" so the kids could write the names and they wouldn't get tired of them. So, we started eraly in the week! However, she wrote all of them...2 classes worth in one afternoon! She loved it! She tore them apart, looked at the list, wrote the names and put the pencils in all by herself!


Then the big surprise came on Thursday at school. I teach right next to Lindsey's class. The director came over and said, "Get your camera. You embarassed your daughter." I was so confused. I had no idea what I had done to embarass her. This is what I saw when I walked in! She had gotten a flower! Not from me, but from her daddy. Totally on his own! I was literally tearing up. What a sweet Daddy!



I then went down to see Courtney at her party and she had one too! She didn't feel great on this day, so she wasn't into smiling!
This is Courtney's Valentine, Scotty! They love each other! He affectionately calls Courtney "Corky" Courtney is the only one that calls him Scotty...his name is Scott. Isn't he cute?!
I got 3 roses too! He was so thoughtful! It was such a sweet thought. It made my day to see the girls get to feel special even more than myself getting flowers! We have a sweet valentine for sure! He's such a great girl dad!
Then on Friday Honey and Grandad came to play. Lindsey wanted to have a tea party, so of course Honey said yes. They had heart sandwiches and strawberries with chocolate! Courtney was taking a nap by this time, so she missed out, but luckily she doesn't know what she missed. It was cute to see Lindsey get so excited about it.

4 comments:

Sherry Drennan said...

So fun! What a great daddy!

Lynne Paulus said...

Way to go Ryan! He is a good girl daddy!

Julie said...

So sweet! What a fun party at the house with the grandparents too. :)

The Junods said...

Such a sweet rose idea! Daddy's a keeper! Love the girls red shirts!