6.14.2008

Pool

Courtney LOVES the water! She will put her face in (she did that last summer too) and go under. She doesn't "swim" under water or really kick very much. But, she does love the water and holding on to the ring. She does really good. She jumps in and has a blast!!

Lindsey likes the water, but doesn't like to be splashed. Although she is getting much better and doesn't freak out when it happens. She doesn't like to go under, but we finally convinced her this week and she did. That is a whole post all in itself that I will have to do tomorrow. But, she will swim wherever she wants with these floaties on. The goggles are new and they don't really have a purpose since she doesn't go under! I guess they look cool...but not really.

She is starting swimming lessons a week from Monday. I'm excited to see how brave she might get! Since she finally at least went under without freaking out and was even sort of willing, then I'm even more anxious to see how she does. I don't know the person she is taking from, but according to the girl that I registered with "Miss Jane is great and has been teaching for 30 years. She'll have her swimming by the time lessons are over." So my hopes are high! I think she'll do great. If she can get comfortable with going under, I will consider it a TOTAL success!

We have a busy day/weekend. Today is the annual Cintas family picnic! FUN! Ryan becomes MR. SOCIAL and I'm not even kidding. The first year we were here when Lindsey would NOT speak to anyone, I made the comment "She is shy like her daddy." The person I was talking to that works at Cintas laughed. Yes, laughed! I guess shy may not be the right word for Ryan, but quiet is for sure! Needless to say, he is not quiet at work and he is great at making conversations with his employees and it is great to watch! Thankfully today it isn't supposed to be AS hot and so we (Lindsey and I) won't be sweating to death. Then we have 2 birthday parties. One is later this evening and Ryan is going to go with us. So we have a full day. The girls will be wiped out by tonight for sure!

Have a good weekend!


1 comments:

Reba said...

I remember taking swimming lessons (in Fayetteville) as a young girl since I did NOT want my face in the water. By the end, I would. However, I will admit as a grown up, I still prefer to have my face OUT of the water and DO not like to be splashed (for one thing, it really hurts my eyes). :)
Reba