*Disclaimer:Sorry for the long paragraph without spaces. I've been trying to fix it and can't, so just read carefully at the end! :)
Here are the pictures hanging on the wall in Lindsey's room. I like how it looks and pulls it all together. She does too. She said, "You left some flowers out, Mommy." Since I didn't paint a picture for each flower on the valance! She's such the detail child!
Here is the valance that I copied and is finally hanging in her room! Very cute! I love it!
This goes back a few weeks and has a long story with it...
You can see that we now have fish! Yes, this is what Lindsey got for going under the water at the swimming pool. Like I think I have said before Lindsey is NOT afraid of the water, but does NOT like it in her face...in the pool or the bathtub. So Ryan was pressuring her and pressuring her to go under and we came up with the fish reward, or should I say RYAN did. I told him that was HIS project and I was not taking care of 2 girls, 2 dogs and 2 fish! Mercy! So, he took her to Wal-Mart and got her these fish. They picked out the pink one and one that was black and orange (it is in heaven already!). We had our first dealing with a pet dying. Luckily it wasn't too bad, but just mainly confusing more than sadness. It is hard to expalin a little bit of death and not all of it and try to rationalize that with a very smart almost 4 year old. One of the funny things is that when she finally saw the fish she said, "Mommy, the black one tipped over." Which was just so innocently cute. Then we told her that maybe he was too big for our tank and so we gor rid of him. She wanted to know what Daddy was doing with it, she wanted to watch, she was very curious. We told her that we'd get a new one. So the next day we went to Wal-Mart and she picked out a new fish. It is my favorite one. It is some sort of guppy and has a big "fluffy" talk that he/she/it swishes around really fast. Pretty neat.
When she first got her fish we of course asked what she wanted to name them...Lindsey Lee and Lindsey Lee. That was it. No discussion. She wanted them to match her! So, that is what the first 2 were. We still have one of the Lindsey Lee fish and now the new fish's name is Silly Fish "because he has a silly tail" Lindsey said! So cute! She loves feeding them. She does a good job. When you turn the light on in the tank they come up to the top and swim fast. They know it is feeding time. So cute. As much as I didn't want it, it has been the easiest pet we've had!
Today Lindsey started swimming lessons. I was so unsure of where to go and who she should take from, but God worked that all out. Miss Jane is her teacher and she is WONDERFUL! She is PERFECT for Lindsey's gentle personality. She is very soft spoken, encouraging, yet just expects them to do it. Lindsey did everything she asked her to today. It was great. I was so proud of her and so thrilled to see what a great experience I could tell this was going to be! I'm so thankful and have very high expectations that she will be much more confident in the water at the end of next week! She did great!
8 comments:
LL's room looks great! The paintings are perfect. I'm glad the swimming lessons are going well. We thought we were going to take AK to a mommy and me class, but we found out she isn't old enough yet. so sad...
Love the look of her room & the paintings really complete it! Sorry to hear of your tipped over fish...that would be difficult to explain!
Love the room, you did a great job. Love the fish. We have had them off and on, we had to many fish dying for a while so we put the tank away.
The room looks great! I love the pink/green together. Good for Lindsey for braving underwater. I still prefer not to go under (or get splashed). Hopefully the fish won't tip over any more for a while. :)
Reba
Which beach are you headed for? I cannot wait to hear more about it! I posted a few tips on my blog for travel with kids...enjoy the ride. It will be fun!
Reba
Girlfriend, you are such a better mom than me with those fish. I guess it's better than a gerbil! I'm just not a fish person, I guess. You are so good. I barely let my kids have a dog. I hope the trauma of the death is over. It could have been worse... your husband could have stepped on it. (I know you remember my cat story.)
One more thing...the way you get breaks in the long paragraph (it only does this with pictures, not sure why) is go to the edit part and click on the tab that says "edit Html". Scroll down to your text. You will see these div things with arrows around them. Usually there are four in a row. Click between two of them (put your arrow and push enter). You will have to do it for every paragraph. I don't know why...I had to figure that out one day and did some research.
Reba
Her room is so sweet! I love those canvases! Great job!!! I couldn't paint a canvas to save my life...maybe a stick figure. haha
Way to go, Lindsey on the fish tank surprise!!
Post a Comment