9.15.2007

Friday Night Football

So, we are in full force football season here in Greenwood, AR! Oh my word! It is crazy! I knew "everyone" went to the game, but I didn't know it was literally basically the entire town. I made these ribbons yesterday for Lindsey and her friend Paige who we were going to the game with. Lindsey was so excited to go see the Bulldogs! We went with Paige, but I can not begin to describe to you how crowded it was 45 min. before kickoff! I think the whole town was there. Now I wish I had taken a picture! Anyway, the other part of the Friday night story is that my cousin Katherine and Evan came to the game. Greenwood was playing Shiloh Christian School which is in Springdale. Katherine's husband, Chris, works as a trainer/pt with Shiloh. So, he convinced her to come to the game with him (he was on the sidelines) and hang out with us and watch the game. So, it was fun to hang out with Katherine and Evan.



As you can see we ended up standing by the fence. We had a great "view" when they almost scored several times right in front of us, but as the bleachers were full, so was the fence. This is the fence looking at the Greenwood side. Again, great place to take a picture of the crowd, but hey...we were busy! Lindsey and Evan loved the fireworks that went off when Greenwood scored. They are a passing team and quick offense. So is Shiloh, so it was an exciting game. Not much defense, but both teams are known for their passing game. Shiloh passes so much that they moved their games to 7:00 at home because they last so long! The score with 2 min to go in the 3rd quarter was 52-21 Greenwood. The final was 52-35 when Greenwood put in their 2nd team. We didn't stay until the end. The kiddos got bored since they really couldn't see much. So, Evan and Lindsey played while Katherine, Mom and I talked. Mom came down to watch Courtney for us and get her hair cut/colored down here (it is SO cheap!). Chris finally got here at 11:00 after treating a palyer after the game. So, it was a long night and Lindsey got in bed at like 11:15 or something crazy! Fun night and we'll hope she sleeps in!

2 comments:

Lynne Paulus said...

I love your football get-up! I really, really adore your haircut too! It is such a perfect length on you!

Alecia said...

I love your cute haircut! I looks great on you.