Ryan bid on 2 nights and tickets to Silver Dollar City at a golf tournament and won. So we got a weekend away! We weren't sure about this place, but when we pulled up we saw a cute, quaint little cabin. We had a blast. It was kind of like camping but not quite so much "roughing it."
I LOVE looking at Christmas lights. So I was so happy to go and get to really experience SDC without the kids and just have fun walking and looking around. We got there and it was PACKED. We rode each ride once and that was enough. I'm not16 any more. Ha!
We had lunch and got to eat some good snacks. We always have fun people watching too!
When it started to get dark it was so pretty. The darker it got the more amazing the lights were. I read that there are over 4 million and I totally believe it!
We waited in line to ride the train and it was so worth it. The ride was pretty, the weather was perfect and they told the REAL Christmas story. It made me so thankful that I knew that story and understood it. It also made me thankful for where I live (or at least this "southern Bible belt" area) because there probably aren't many amusement parks that flat out tell you that Jesus is the reason for the season. It was so cute!
EVERYTHING had lights all over it!
We found a spot for the light parade and waited for the big event. Everyone was finding a spot and I had seen a few pictures and so we stayed just for the parade. What a sweet husband...
Turns our there were about 5 "floats" and it lasted about 10 min! Oh well. It was cute and we had fun. We left and went to have dinner and back to the cabin!
We made a fire that night and enjoyed our
time just the 2 of us. Erin and Travis will be impressed to know that
we didn't even turn on the tv! (they never do when we have been on trips
with them and we always do). It wasn't for any reason other than it
was about 13" and would have been hard to see! Ha! It was a great
weekend. I'm so thankful that my husband makes the effort to love me
even after 3 kids! Marriage is something you always have to work on!
This was a simple, but fun weekend. We shopped and got lots of Christmas stuff done.
0 comments:
Post a Comment