It has become a tradition to make gingerbread houses with the girls. They look forward to it and we just have a night at home. I watch and let the create whatever they want and just assist as needed. It is fun to see their creations. I figured out a few years ago to put the houses together the morning we are going to do it so it is all dry and they can just decorate it. That way the roof isn't sliding off or the walls of the house falling down. It works so well for us!
This was the first year that Courtney seemed to really take her time and decorate it. It was still very much "Courtney" but with some direction and pattern! She worked very hard on hers!
This was what Ryan enjoyed about the night....getting to sleep on the couch. He comes in and checks out the finished project. ha! It's ok...the girls don't mind at all!
This was Whitney's first year to get her own. She was with me when I bought the kit and she wanted the train. I figured out I like the house better...we will have 3 houses next year! :) She did it all herself. I put the icing on, but she picked out and put the candy on just like the big girls!
0 comments:
Post a Comment