The girls seem to like it when we have lunch with them. It seems harder this year because I have 2 lunches to go and they are 40 min. apart. But, I tried it for the first time and it wasn't nearly as hard as I expected it to be. Whit liked it and the big sisters loved it!
Lindsey has made some sweet sweet friends! She gets to pick some to sit with her and Madelynn, Maggie and Taylor got to eat with us. They have become good friends. I'm thankful for these girls!
Then it was Courtney's turn. She is so different at school. Quiet. Mainly that's the big difference. It is so noticeable and I'm thankful. But it is also funny to me to see her like that. She apparently likes routine and sticking with how things are supposed to be. When I am there, apparently it throws things off. Last week I had to take some homeroom mom stuff to her class and she bawled when I had to leave. I even told her I'd be coming. So I was concerned about lunch to say the least! She did good. Went right back with her class and didn't miss a beat!
This is Bentley that is in Courtney's class. They were in MDO together last year, but I didn't know her. I'm glad Courtney has a sweet friend in her class. Courtney tells me almost everyday about a new friend she made at recess. I'm glad she's in her element and gets to use some of her social energy somewhere besides at home.
After school we took a trip to a new yogurt place not very far from our house. Dangerously close. It was good. The girls loved it. We met Katherine, Evan and Elliott there too. Somehow I missed a great opportunity for a cousin pic!
After yogurt we went to Katherine's house to play. This football helmet is different than most toys we have. It was so stinkin cute on Whitney. With the season the Hogs are having (or lack of season) I put this pic on Instagram with the caption "Who needs Tyler Wilson when you have this cutie?" Ha!
I am so thankful for a hard working husband who provides all we need and more. It is days like these that I often take for granted. It was such a great day and a fun afternoon!
0 comments:
Post a Comment