12.31.2010

Blake and the Bracelet

This story gets a post all its own. Simply because I don't want to forget it. It isn't that huge of a deal, but cute and funny all at the same time.... so there aren't many pictures...but a good story!

The class party was over. They were going out for snack recess. Lindsey was going home with me from the party, so she didn't go out. I was cleaning the room with a couple of other moms. Miss Morgan had walked her class outside.

Then I had this conversation:
L: Mom, Blake said that present under that tree is for me.
M: Really? When did he tell you that?
L: Today.
M: Did he tell you which one?
L: Yes, this one.
M: (walking over to the present) Well, I don't know. It doesn't have your name on it. Let's talk to Miss Morgan. *insert my thoughts*I don't know Blake. I don't know if he was just saying that. I don't know if he is a funny guy. I don't know if he brought a present and it's really Miss Morgan's. Lindsey's never talked about a boy named Blake in her class. hmmmm...

Miss Morgan came back in and Lindsey got embarrassed and wouldn't ask. So I hinted and said that maybe Lindsey could go outside and she and Miss Morgan could talk to Blake. They agreed and went outside. Then I saw them...walking back in...smiling.
Oh my goodness. I of course had my camera because we'd been partying. So being "that mom" I grabbed it! It was so cute! Blake was so excited to watch her open it. Lindsey was excited to open it and Miss Morgan and I were just trying not to laugh (out loud) at the cuteness!

You can't see it really well, but it's a cute bracelet. It was in a Kay Jewelers box! (it isn't from there, I assure you!) It had pink, purple, and silver beads. It had 3 beads with a word on each: pretty, perfect, princess.
It was too cute. I know Lindsey isn't completely clueless. However, she pretty much is. She's not boy crazy. She doesn't talk about boyfriends. She just isn't there...yet. Courtney however, tends to talk more about that. Of course. But that is another blog post all its own! So I didn't want to make too big a deal of it, but at the same time...its kida a big deal!

As we were leaving, we had this conversation:
M: So, that was super nice of Blake to get you that bracelet. Were you surprised or do you play with him a lot at school?
L: I play with him at school. I really like my bracelet.
M: Yes, it's pretty
L: I've never gotten something from Kay Jewelers before!
M: Yeah, that's special.
L: I've seen those commercials though.

So I text Ryan and tell him she got a present from a boy in her class. After a few text back and forth I realize that he thinks EVERYONE got a gift from Blake. Ha! When I tell him no, it was just her, he tells me to tell Lindsey to never talk to him again. Oh mercy!

It is interesting to watch Lindsey take this scenario in. I can tell she sort of "gets it" because she knows she was the only one. She was beaming when she talked about it. She took good care of it. She was concerned when she would realize she didn't have it on and would freak out when she couldn't find it. I could tell it made her feel special.

All of that being said, I couldn't decide how it made me feel. I had that "awwww, that is such a great feeling. I'm glad for her to feel special" conflicted with "oh no. her daddy is the ONLY one that is supposed to make her feel that way." It was a quick simple glimpse into our future, 3 times over. Lord help us!

2 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Oh my goodness! I love this post! How sweet! But I can see how you would feel conflicted. I would feel the same way....I don't even want to THINK about that right now! :)

Alisa Berteau said...

oh Sharon.......let's not go there. Linlee isn't there yet either. She talks about 1 boy aas being really funny but that is about the extent of it. Really not ready for that!