Today has been one of those days with Lindsey. She's driving me crazy one min. and saying funny things the next. So, here is the report on her:
She had been watching America's Got Talent. She was explaining to me one of the things she saw. Something about a guy lifting a motorcycle, some girls were on it, I'm not sure. So I say something like, "Wow, he must be strong." She responds with, "Yeah, he is! He has a lot of bumps. I bet he has like 2 or 3. Daddy only has one!" If you can't interpret that, let me help you. She's talking about his muscles as his bumps on his arms! HA!
Then I was moving the car seat to Ryan's car because mine was in the shop for a "tune up" today. Whintey was feeding herself a bottle in the floor and the big girls were just hanging out inside while I did it. As soon as I walked back in, Courtney says, "Lindsey bit Whitney." Whitney isn't crying, seems fine, but of course I feel the need as a good mom to investigate. So, I ask if that happened.
Lindsey IMMEDIATELY starts saying, "I didn't bite her." over and over and over again. Hmmmm, my mommy mind tells me that she isn't telling the truth. Again, I remind Lindsey that if she tells the truth she is in less trouble. She continues to just say, "I didn't bite her." I continue to say, "What did you do to Whitney?" She continues to answer, "I didn't bite her."
So I tell her that she can't play games at Chuck E Cheese if she doesn't tell me why Whitney was crying. In the car, she still won't tell me, but I stop asking, because it is up to her to tell me. We get to CEC and the other kids go play, Lindsey sits and still won't tell me. She then asks me, "What will happen if I just sit here and don't play, then we go home and I still haven't told you." WOW! Is she really considering that option?! I tell her that she will sit in her room and not play until she tells me.
She thinks about it and decides to tell me.
Ok, what I'm about to type is what she REALLY said:
Me: (trying not to laugh, realizing that I have to say the following): Lindsey, you shouldn't lick your sister. thinking to myself: did I really just have to say that to my daughter who will be 6 in 3 weeks?
THEN she says..."I have before."
Ohhhh, really?! This is normal behavior to you?! WOW! Where have we gone wrong? So I go on to tell her that it isn't normal to lick her sister. Do people lick her? No. Do I lick anyone? No. So, therefore, licking people is not ok.
Whew, glad we got that lesson learned at basically 6 years old! On to the next life lesson....
4 comments:
OMG! You are hysterical. I love it! Maybe she's low on iron? hehe, j/k.
I am laughing so hard I have tears! That sooo sounds like a conversation I have had before!!
seriously...TEARS!!
I am wondering if she and Joshua are related somehow...in all aspects. What a funny girl, though I know the funniness and the frustration often go hand in hand (or they do for me :).
Post a Comment