7.21.2010

Lake with Friends

The Coston Family went to the lake with us on Sunday after church. It was a lot of fun. This is me and Camryn. Let me explain this relationship: she is my Cami and I'm her Sher Sher! She was the first baby a friend had after I was TOTALLY not having any more babies. She was the one that I got to love on and play with and then send home without any strings attached. So, she and I bonded a whole lot when she was little. It sort of stuck...and now she is that special one that will always hold that special place in my heart! She calls me Sher Sher, she gets excited to see me, she loves on me, BUT I don't have to put her to bed, potty train her, deal with her fits (that even though I know how sweet she is, she can throw a fit with the best of them!), teach her and be responsible for her manners, etc. I pretty much just get to be the "fun Aunt" which sits very well with me! I'm even thinking about telling Kyle and Miah that my name is going to be "Aunt Sher Sher" just because it's so stinkin' cute coming from a 2 year old's mouth! I love you, Cami!


Back to the lake....here is Lindsey with Ryan on the disc tube. She had been in the red boat tube and WHILE MOVING got on the disc! WOW! Has she gotten brave or what?!

Then Abi had her turn to do the same....
These 2 are 2 peas in a pod for sure!
Are they really this big, to be riding on a tube together, all by themselves?!
Yes, they are!
Here is Camryn's entertainment! She stepped on their cooler, it broke and soon became a toy!
Brandon and Courtney had a great time swimming and playing too!
They really play good together!
Supper on the boat, nothing much better! Grilled hot dogs! So fun! Everyone was tired by this point, so there was NO getting a great group shot!
At the beginning of the summer we weren't sure if we were going to keep our boat this summer. We at one point even had it sold, but decided to keep it. I can't even say how thankful I am that we made that decision! This has been the best summer yet on the boat! The girls love it, they enjoy being out there, I enjoy watching them and have fun just being together as a family with or without friends! I'm so thankful that we are able to enjoy this luxury of life right now! We are truly blessed!

2 comments:

GlitteryKitchenTable said...

Love all your new posts!! It looks like you guys have been having a fun summer!!

Mischelle Coston said...

Camryn does love her Sher Sher!!
I ask Abi and Brandon if they want to play at Courtney and Lindsey's house, and Camryn always says, "I go play Sher Sher's house!" :o)

I can imagine her as a teenager going to you to talk about things and ask your opinion about things.