11.16.2009

My Cheerleader

Lindsey is going to be an Upward Cheerleader! This is a basketball/cheerleading league at church. It is a pretty big program here in Greenwood. She's gone with Ryan to his practices and games for the past 2 years and loved it. Now that she is 5 she gets to do her part. She could have played basketball or cheered. I know you think I made her, but if you know Lindsey at all you know that she would more than likely choose cheer over ball at this point in her life. I do want her to try it. I did...once! That is all it took for me to realize that it wasn't for me. Ryan agreed that she had plenty of time to try lots of things, so she's doing cheer this year. Saturday I got to take her to her first "clinic." She was cute and fun to watch.


Then learned a few cheers
This is Coach Katie, our good friend!
She has lots of cheer experience and will be lots of fun for Lindsey!

I learned one thing, it is going to be hard for me to just be a cheer mom and not jump in and help! I normally would have signed up to help Katie, but with Whitney I didn't want to commit and have to be there. She said I could help when I wanted to though! Gooooooooo Upward!

1 comments:

Reba said...

So cute and growing so fast! I had to smile. Lauren has done cheerleading the past few years with Kiwanis. But this past year a friend's mom said, "Have you thought about having her play basketball?" It had never occurred to me. We signed her up and she LOVES it. So the cheer days may be gone...maybe.