3.11.2009

Busy Times and Fun Times

We've had some busy times lately. Since I started working at MDO (which I realize isn't really considered a "real" job--and I'm ok with that!) it seems as though I'm always catching up. I can get the laundry caught up, but then the rest of the house is falling apart. I haven't adjusted well to giving up those days that I had to get all this stuff done. I'm learning to appreciate the hard work of working moms just as much as I appreciate the hard work of a stay at home mom! Wow!

All of that to say that we've done some fun stuff too! One of my good friends, Katie, had her baby last Thursday. Klaire Dobson was born weighing in at 8 lbs. 10 oz! So so sweet! It was exciting to see this newborn (she was 4 hours old when we went by!) and think about our baby coming in October! So sweet. Then yesterday I visited them at home. Katie has 2 other kiddos--Kennedy and Scotty (yes, the famous Scotty that Courtney loves!). They were there running around. So we had a total of 5 kiddos. Klaire was sleeping most of the time, but it was definately a HUGE reality check for me. Slightly different "look" to it than sitting in the hospital with just Katie, Sean and the grandparents! Excitement is still there, but not far behind now is the reality of a newborn and all that he/she will bring!

(excuse this bad lighting--there was a HUGE window behind her)

Then this past weekend we had what I would call PERFECT weather! It was warm but not hot at all! We broke out the boat and went for a ride! We just went to the AR River here. It was so much fun. We just took snacks and drove around. Lindsey once again wanted to drive, but seemed more distracted and wanted to look around a lot. Courtney just liked moving around on the boat. She drove some, but was not nearly as interested in it as Lindsey was. So different! :)





It made me so ready for those fun weekends out on the lake. I didn't grow up doing that, but it is something that I already cherish that our family does. I am so thankful for our boat. Getting it back out made me realize how much I enjoyed it and how much fun it is to see Ryan love it. The girls love it and what a fun time we will have this summer! At least I have an "excuse" this year for my look in a bathing suit! ha ha!! I already bought each of the girls 2 swim suits!! I'm a little ready for summer I think!

0 comments: