We had a good weekend. The girls were in Bentonville at mom and dad's house! It was a nice, needed break for all of us. Ryan and I enjoyed a FREE dinner at Doe's (which if you don't know is a VERY nice steak place) on Friday night with some Cintas people. Their french fries are to DIE FOR! I didn't even eat all of my steak so I could eat all of my fries and not feel SO bad! The steak was great too though!
Then on Sat. morning I went to a baby shower for a friend while Ryan did some errands--oil change and hair cut! :) Sat. afternoon we went to Ryan's Upward game. His boys lost, but played hard. They are 2-1 now. He is such a good coach! Seriously! It is amazing to watch. I enjoy it so much.
On Sat. night we went out with some friends to eat dinner downtown! BIG TIME here in Fort Smith! :) Ha! We just went to Landry's. It was a fun night, nothing exciting. Although after dinner we went back to the Bartlett's house for some serious Rock Band excitement! Ryan and I had never played, so we tried it! Ryan wasn't sure about it at first, but he liked the drums. He may not admit that, but he did! :) Travis, I must say, might have a career in singing---karaoke! Erin is pretty skilled on the drums as well. Although she did show some of her mad skills at singing some Beastie Boys!! So fun!
Today I met my parents and got my girls back. It was a good time for all. Lindsey ran fever on Sat. I was pretty sure it was just her congestion and throat hurting. They did the Tylenol and Motrin alternating to keep her fever down. Uncle Taylor came to play and they had a blast. Ryan took her to the walk in clinic today and they couldn't find anything, so decided that it was just sinus/upper respatory infection and gave her some meds. Both the girls are on antibiotics! Nice! Luckily they aren't "that sick" but just don't feel good. Maybe this week we can all be well! I pray so!
I have a few more things on my mind. We went to our home group that we have been doing wiht our "One Month to Live" study. It has been really good. Tonight our hearts were heavy with several children in our church that are battling serious illnesses. It is just a BIG wake up call of how blessed we are with our children! I could type more, but I will leave it there. So tough!
1.25.2009
Weekend Update
Posted by Sharon at 9:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
SO glad you tried RB b/c I think it is just captial FUN! What a great break for a whole weekend!!! Sorry to hear the kiddos are still not feeling great though. There is some nasty stuff going around it seems. The study/book your doing does seem that it would give a great amount of "food for thought". May God use it to teach you what He is wanting to and to open your eyes and heart to mirror him more. Ugh, the learning process and "mulling things over time" can sort of be painful sometimes though! I'm in that now too. Love you guys!
Lynne
OOh, I love Landry's. "big time" hahaha
And I also love the biscuits at Doe's. With honey. Yummy!
Post a Comment