Today is Martha's 30th Birthday!!! If you know me at all, which if you read this you should, then you know Martha!! She is NOT a computer person so she probably won't read this until next week or something. However, I wanted to give my "shout out" to her on her actual birthday!! For those that don't know the "details" of our relationship...here you go:
We became friends in the 6th grade. We were in the same class in 7th grade, but had a "falling out" because when 3 7th grade girls try to be friends...it doesn't work. (Shores, are you reading this...you would be the 3rd!) We worked it all out as most 7th grade girls seem to do, I guess. Then in jr. high we were inseperable (is that how you spell that??)! She played basketball as she always had and I cheered. Totally different yet, we loved eachother! We spent the weekends together proably 100% of the time! We have so many memories...snow days, her dad would come get me in his BIG blazer and drive up her icy drive way just so we could hang out! We played games all the time, made nachos, drank orange slushies her dad would make for us, play basketball (i think we did this ONE time and it was so awkward), we talked on the phone to boys (who WILL remain nameless!). Then came Willie....we ALL (the 3 of us) hung out at first. Martha was in 9th grade, so she couldn't car date. I remember the first time Willie ever came over to her house!! We we SO nervous and SO giddy! :) We sat in the basement and the "elephant in the room" was so obvious. There were like 5 guys, me and Martha....the entire purpose for their visit was for Willie and Martha to "hang out." With all of us there!! HILARIOUS! I don't even know what we did...I can just see us all sitting in her basement.
1.13.2009
Happy Birthday Martha!
Martha went to John Brown, I went to U of A. We talked a lot and saw eachother some. Willie finally settled at U of A, he and Ryan lived together. So that was fun. Martha would come to F'ville from Siloam and we'd hang out with our boys and then she'd stay with me at my apartment.
I got engaged, she got engaged and we were eachother's maid of honor! It was a BLAST going through all of that together.
I moved to Memphis....she stayed in Lowell! It was SO hard to leave my family and Martha!! However, we leared to rack up our min. on our cell phone!! We talked all the time. I got pregnant and had Lindsey. Soon before she was born, Martha told me she was pregnant with her first baby too!! Soon after Lindsey was born, we moved back to Lowell, 2 streets over from Martha and Willie. NO, belive it or not we did not do that on purpose!! We even accidently found that house, we weren't even driving to it. When we went in, we realized it was the EXACT same plan as theirs!! So funny! We had so much fun in those early days of motherhood. We would spend so much time together it was crazy!! I miss those days for sure!
We moved here to Greenwood and we still talk all the time and are able to see eachother some, but not enough! Our kiddos know eachother and now play well together when we have time. At first, that wasn't the case. Thankfully they now love eachother! :) Cole WILL marry one of my girls so we can be family!! Ha!
This has ended up longer than I really set out for it to be. However, not having a sister, Martha is the closest thing to that that I will experience! I am so thankful for her. I don't know what I would do without her!!
Happy Birthday Martha, I love you!
Posted by Sharon at 10:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
What a fun almost-sister story!
When you read this, Martha, Happy Birthday!!
Happy Birthday, Martha! I think it is so cool that you guys have been through so much together. :) What a blessing!
So cool! Happy Birthday Martha!!!
Wow, I figured out how to leave a comment. Aren't you proud. I love you too, and am so glad that we have so much history. What fun to read that and trigger memory after memory. Hurry up and move back to Springdale, would you!
What a special friendship. A true gift from God!
Sorry, Martha! I have to object to the moving back to Springdale part! :o)
Sharon - I so remember (a portion) of that when we were in Bentonville. BTW, My best friend from jr.high/high school had a birthday last week and I listed out 39 (her age) sweet memories I had of her during those years and sent them to her. Priceless :)
Happy Birthday Martha! I am so glad I didn't ruin your friendship! We did have fun when we weren't being 7th grade bratty girls! That post was fun to read. I wish I lived closer so all our kiddos could be friends!
Post a Comment