God is showing me so much! I just have to share!! Again, this is from "One Month to Live"--
"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself, take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23
"Jesus tells us to deny ourselves in order to find fullfillment. I have to choose to give up my way (yikes!) and follow God's plan and purpose for my life if I'm truly going to be fulfilled and live in the croses hairs of the abundant life He promised me. This is just the opposite of what we hear every day in the world around us. We have to exchange mantras--from satisfy myself to deny myself. Peter denied Christ, and he crashed. But when he learned to deny himself, he became a champion. Can you relate? Every single day of my life, I come to the place where I realize I can't do it. I come to the place where I say I want to enage with my kids (yes!), but I feel worn out. I feel selfish (me too!). I want to be a better marriage partner, but I don't have the love I need. I want to make a difference at work, but I don't have any energy. Every day of my life, I come to the place where I fall on my face and say, "God, I can't do it. I give up." And God says, Finally. I've been waiting for that. Now I can get involved and give you MY power and MY strength."
Wow!! I'm not the only one who feels selfish about MY time and wanting to be a better mom to my kids, yet I still feel selfish all at the same time?? That is "normal?" Seriously?!?! What a relief and encouragement that it is truly a DAILY thing for me to learn to say, "God, I can't do this without you. I feel like I should. I'm the mom. I can do this. THIS is my job. THIS is what I wanted to do my WHOLE life...be a mom. Why is it hard sometimes?!?! In my heart of hearts I want to do it, but just feel selfish and don't want to. So, now that this is in my head and my heart. I know what to do! Just.ask.God! Wow! It is that simple! Thank you Lord for teaching me new things everyday!
1.08.2009
LOVE LOVE LOVE this book!
Posted by Sharon at 2:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
completely normal, Sharon! Thanks for sharing. ;)
Amen, Sista'!!
It sounds like an interesting book...keep sharing. I think there are a few truths I could learn from it! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment