1.05.2009

Perspective

Man...it has hit again. I was just talking to some friends this weekend about perspective. I didn't really care that I turned 30. It didn't bother me. However, I'm realizing that with 30 (or age in general) comes a lot more stuff to deal with. I have heard about so many divorces over the past few months, (no one particularly close to me personally, but people close to people I'm close to) cancer seems to be so prevelent within my very close friends' families, etc.

I am the new wedding coordinator person for our church. This past weekend I had my first wedding that I did all by myself. It was fun. However, my perspective was different on so many things. The bride's Grandad was there, who had been in the hospital just last week and he was obviously very weak. They said that he just lost his wife a few weeks ago and is so sad that she wasn't at the wedding that he didn't want to be there. As I watched this Bride sit with her Grandad and watched the family carefully bring him into the church and all, it was perspective on my girls. What grandparents will be at their wedding? What will it be like? It was just different. Then watching the wedding and hearing them say those vows (after hearing about so many divorces lately) made me sit there and pray hard for them as well as my own marriage. No one stands there and really understands the WORK that marriage is on that day. It is all fun and games....but then work comes into play! On a side note...my friend Shannon has found some great things on marriage and has been sharing them bit by bit on her blog! If you have time, click here to read them, you may have to scroll down. It is the 10 commandments and how they relate to marriage! VERY VERY GOOD!

Anyway...the real point of my blog is that a friend that I did my MAT at U of A with, named Bonnie, lost her husband today in a tragic car accident! Another friend called me and told me this morning. I haven't talked to Bonnie lately, but have kept up with her through her blog. I was speechless, felt like I was going to throw up, break down and cry, mad, chills all over, etc. all at the same time today when I heard the news. What?!?! They were a great couple, cute, wonderful parents. They have a little girl who is like 18 months old and she is pregnant with their 2nd! WHAT?!?! That will bring perspective if nothing else will. It made me think about A LOT of stuff. I won't type it all out here, but I just ask you to pray for Bonnie, Caroline and all of their family.

5 comments:

Tonia Hobbs said...

I will pray.
Sharon, God is working in your life. It is an exciting time of spritual growth for you.

Alisa Berteau said...

Chills. How terrible. She is in our prayers!

Julie said...

I will continue to pray for that family, Sharon.

Shannon said...

Oh, Sharon, I heard about that! My SIL's office is next door to her father's store I guess. He ran over to Angie's right after he got the call and was enroute when he actually got the news. It's so tragic. She and her bab(ies) have been on my heart so much since I heard.

And, weddings do the same thing to me - they really make a huge impact. I relive certain moments a million times after the ceremony. On a much lighter note, it looks like I'll be doing a wedding next weekend at FBG, so I'll see you there. :)

Ashley Hall said...

OH wow! That is just awful! Definitely will be praying for that family! You're right- perspective is everything!