We are starting to have more moments like these. Lindsey loves Courtney to play with her a lot of the time, however...when she is ready to play by herself, Courtney doesn't understand. So, we are working on sharing and learning that Courtney doesn't understand yet when Lindsey is through playing. Most of the time they are starting to play together really well. Of course Courtney loves it ALL the time! Poor little sister, big sister doesn't want to play with her (sometimes!). I know those battles lie ahead of me more than I already know!
This is one of Courtney's favorite things to do right now. It isn't really a toy that is meant to be a walking toy, it is one that you play with sitting down. But, Courntey figured out she can push it along the floor and she loves it! She is starting to walk some. She still crawls a lot, but is taking more steps every day. When I'm holding her and put her on the floor, now I stand her up and she'll walk to what she wants. She's super close to just being a walker, or better yet "toddler" walker! :)
Last night this was what Lindsey started doing before I realized it. I know you are thinking, "How did it get to that before you realized it?" The deal is, Lindsey will often go in her room and read books and not want me in there, so I was in the kitchen and all of the sudden looked in the living room and there it was. "Lindsey, what are you doing?" I asked. "Making a pile, Mommy." But of course, I should have known! Right? That is what is fun to do, make a pile!?! So, as she was getting ready for bed and picking up what was literally almost every book out of her room off of the floor, she came in the living room and said, "I need some help." So, we talked about how maybe next time just take one "box" of books out of the box instead of 4! She agreed that it would be easier to pick up that way! Mercy!
She's been super sweet lately (knock on wood) and hasn't had any bad bedtimes. Now instead of a bedtime obeying chart, she has a "big girl" chart for not crying when we leave her at church or when we have a babysitter. We must be making gains, because she's going to stay at Honey's house tonight and thought that sounded like a great idea. Ryan has a fishing tournament and I have a small bout of the flu. I guess that is what it is. I'm tired, achy sore throat and coughing. No fever and no upset stomach, luckily. Ryan stayed home today (as instructed by me that if he was going to be gone all weekend--fishing tonight and tomorrow night and playing poker on Sunday) then he was to stay home today so I could rest. He's been awesome. He was up with the girls all morning, had a conference call at 8:00 for work that he did while he was putting Courtney down for a nap and then took Lindsey to "Old McDonald's" aka McDonald's for lunch just the two of them. Courtney just finished lunch and is playing so well by herself. She's a super good baby just like Lindsey. How did I get so lucky?!
I have to brag on my hubby too...not only has he been great at home today, he is an AWESOME manager at work! He had his conference call this morning to see who won a contest that Cintas was doing nation wide. They did divide the contest into regions, so Ryan's location won (sold the most mats) out of all 30 locations in his region! He did a great job of motivating his guys to sell and he did a great job holding his managers accountable for being on top of the sales with their route drivers. So, all of this to say....because he was the highest seller as a General Mananger, he won a new TV for us! We have to get a new entertainment center because it is bigger than the one we have. I think it is like 54" or something crazy! I'm so proud of him! He is super dedicated to Cintas and does a great job of managing, accountability, and motivating his people. I'm so proud of him! Way to go Ryan! I love you lots!
8.10.2007
Sister Times and Some Bragging on Ryan
Posted by Sharon at 11:25 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Thats funny because Abigail calls it "Old McDonalds" too! She starts singing moo, moo here if we go through the drive thru.
Shannon
That's what Linlee and Conner call it too! How funny... You have beautiful girls!!! Courtney is just growing up so much. Her hair looks so blonde!
Courtney's hair IS SOOOO blonde! I wanted my dark haired child, one that looks like I had something to do with her! :( We signed up for dance today, Alisa...we'll see how it goes! Have any tap shoes you want to sell?! Ballet slippers?!
I have ballet slippers! What size shoe does she wear? I also have 2 leotards you can have.
Post a Comment