8.14.2007

Precious Moment

It is the moments like these that I want Lindsey to stay 3! I was putting her to bed tonight and just had one of those "I need a hug" moments. So I hugged her and she put her precious arms around me and giggled.

Sharon:"What would I do without you?"

Lindsey:I don't know, Mommy.

S:Would I have to buy a new Lindsey at Wal-Mart? (anything we need new comes from there in her mind!)

L:Yes, for when I go away somewhere.

S:Where are you going? (not sure what she thinking or if at this point she even knows) Do you mean when you get married?

L:Yes, when I get married. You will have to get a new Daddy too.

S:Why?

L:Because he's going to go and make me married!

Oh, but of course! As I melted into the floor and couldn't wipe the smile off of either of our faces. So sweet, so innocent and so precious. What would I do without those moments?

I was starting to tell Ryan that story when I walked out and couldn't remember exactly how she had said it, but wanted to be able to have it written exactly as she said it, so I walked back in her room (which I NEVER EVER do) to ask. She was about half asleep and thought she'd seen a ghost I guess by the look on her face. I just whispered and reminded her of our conversation and she helped me remember exactly what she had said. Of course, for those of you that know Ryan, my husband had basically NO response to that. I'm sure inside his heart he felt something, surely, hopefully, but he was never going to let me know that.

I try and treasure the moments like these, even the simple...as she counted in spanish tonight for the first time that I know of! It was to 8 and it was perfect, after that she just started repeating the numbers she knew the names of. We talked about how smart that was and how she could count 2 ways now or "dos" ways! :) She wasn't sure what I meant, but in her mind, she can count like Dora! That is what is most important, right my early childhood educator friends?!

Oh, and Courtney is walking almost all the time! That is my bragging on her! Precious!

1 comments:

Alisa Berteau said...

I am so glad you wrote all that down (and risked going back in the room at that). Moments like that are worth remembering!!! Aren't they precious.