7.06.2007

Branson Trip

Here's the group! All but Grandad who is the photographer! We were getting ready to go into Celebration City the first night we were there. It had rained, but had stopped so we decided to go on. It was fun and Lindsey rode rides as well as the big girls. Courtney was a trooper and rode around in the stroller great! She got out and crawled around on the concrete waving to anyone and everyone who looked at her, as if she was on parade!

Lindsey with Grandad watching the big girls and Daddy ride a ride! She would get so excited when they would come by fast!





Do I really want to ride this?!










This precious face on Lindsey is what she would do as she rode around (whichever ride she was on) and would see us. This train went about -1 mph and each time she would just sit and ride in the small circle and think it was great! Megan was sweet to ride with Lindsey the first night when it was new and she wasn't so sure about it at all. I love that excitement of seeing us everytime like we hadn't been standing there the whole time and saying, "Hey Lindsey" each and every time she went by. So cute and so innocent! She had a blast! I was going to put Courtney on it with Megan, but she didn't have any shoes on. I guess they thought she might lose a toe sitting in that car on a lap! Crazy! Oh well, rules are rules. I didn't even bring shoes to Branson, so she didn't get to ride anything other than the carousel. She didn't know the difference though!





This was the first ride. It was like a ride at the fair, The Scrambler. I wasn't into going in circles, so just Ryan and the big girls rode it. This is the one Lindsey would get so excited to see them come back around by us. It was cute! Ryan was great with the girls, all 4 of them, to do whatever they wanted. He is such a great dad! Sometimes I felt like a party pooper because I wasn't as willing to ride it all!! :) Oh well, someone has to be that way!


What a precious pilot! She was having so much fun!












Courtney found Lindsey each time she came around. It was precious to see them get excited to see eachother! Lindsey would make that same face as she did on the train ride (you can sort of see it through the bars) and Courtney would laugh and laugh!


Lindsey liked riding the bumble bees because she could "drive" with 2 "skeering wheels." These went up and down like the "hairplanes" and she didnt' mind at all. By the second night she was riding all of these things by herself and loving every min. of it. In fact, the day we were leaving she asked if she could go ride the train again!







This was that ride that shoots you straight up in the air and drops you down a few times. Not my sort of ride...but Ryan once again was good to ride it with the big girls! They loved this one. Lindsey wasn't so sure about her Daddy going way up high. Once they started moving, she was ok, but prior to it she didn't like the idea! I don't know what she thought was going to happen.


There was a short (and not very good) Veggie Tales show that we went to see. As timid and shy as Lindsey is, she waited her turn (not so patiently) then ran to Bob and Larry to hug them. She would have stood there as long as we would have let her, but there was a line. So, that is something we will have to do one of these days...find a Veggie Tales show close to go see a real one!

Ryan was such a good sport! Meagn really wanted to ride the American Plunge aka Log Ride. Heather and I opted not to ride something where we'd get soaking wet! So, Ryan was sweet enough (or crazy) to ride with Megan! She loved it!










This move from the girl that doesn't want her face to get wet in the bath tub! I don't get it....

What a good Honey! She (Honey) loves the water, so she loved having an excuse to play in the water with Lindsey and get wet. Lindsey had a good time at the water park with Honey. Lindsey even went down a big slide (2 of them actually!). One the 3 of us rode together and the other one she rode just with Ryan. As I watched them come down and FLIP OVER (remember she doesn't like water in her face, much less to go under water!!!!). I was the mom on the side of the pool where they landed freaking (in every sense of the word!) out and screaming "Get her up!" over and over and over again until I could see her terrified face. Ryan climed out and came over to us, no tears (on anyone!) and she said, "I went under mom!" We were all excited and she said, "I want to ride another one." Ryan and I were both too nervous for her to ride again since they had turned around the wrong way 2 times during the ride and then flipped. We didn't want her to be afraid of the bathtub any more than she already seems to be at times. So, we headed back to the baby wading pool with fountains and played with Honey on the Lazy River!

We had a fun trip, the weather was great, my parents were unbelievable help and loved playing with Lindsey and Courtney. They got to do a couple of their own things, we didn't hold them back too much I don't think!

0 comments: