Here's the cake...it was fun to make. I wasn't sure about the polka dots, not what I had pictured in my head, but still cute I think.
The Scogin girls! I love this picture! Even though Lindsey and Courtney look so different and so unrelated to me! Wow! Lindsey leaned over and all on her own, too sweet!
Lindsey was serious about coloring her puzzle. It was fun. We ended up with 5 friends, the 5 that Lindsey really wanted to come, so that was perfect! They colored puzzles, had cake and ice cream and opened presents! It was a fun party for all of us. Lindsey got a lot of Dora things...2 games, puzzle, and umbrella. Somehow at this birthday we ended up with lots of games, which is fine, it just means I get to play too! :) I loved games growing up, so maybe she will too. We've been playing Candy Land that Honey and Grangad gave her a lot. The only thing is that right now she just wants to draw "my favorite color" (pink) which means that it is one of those charachter ones, like the candy cane or the gumdrop, and she doesn't care where she is on the board, 1 step away from winning, but if she draws a pink one she gets super excited! Ryan said that it will be more fun to play when she has a sense of competitiveness about it. Martha said she didn't know if Lindsey would ever have that! We'll see I guess. One time she didn't want to go to the pink one that she drew, so maybe she is getting the hang of it. Tough parenting decision making even in Candy Land....do you let her draw a different one or make her go to the one she drew? This time we let her draw a different one, but explained that you have to do whatever your card says the next time. We'll see! It is a fun age, most of the time. She had 2 fits at bedtime/nap in a row 2 days ago, so that battle that we thought might be over became all that it had been with a big fit again. We are still doing stickers, so who knows?! She's "precious in HIS sight" so we know that is how God made her funny little personality right now, I just have to remember to love ALL of her personality sometimes!
7.29.2007
Puzzle Party
Posted by Sharon at 7:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Your party is precious! I am quite impressed with your cake. :) You did cute. Your girls are so cute! I love reading your blog.
hey sharon!! of course i remember you! what precious little girls, you are very blessed!
You are SO creative!! I remember that about you! I'm glad to see you "found" tara! We all have girls! Too fun!
Post a Comment