This is what is now hanging by Lindsey's bed in her room. We have hit a wall with going to bed. Spanking, after spanking, after spanking (well you get the picture!) isn't working. So, let's try something new. I made this chart tonight and we'll start as soon as she gets out of the bath tub in a little bit! She says that she will obey. Her prize after getting an undisclosed (because we aren't sure if this is going to work or not) amount of stickers is going to Build a Bear. She doesn't know even what that is, but I heard it as an example of a prize this week and thought it would be something she liked. I told her she would get a new teddy bear and get to pick out clothes for her new bear, maybe even a princess dress. She was sold!
We had a good family talk. We got the Bible out and read the verse (in Sharon version) and talked about how we have to obey what Jesus tells us to do in the Bible. She was very excited and we talked about the rules. She was sweet and said, "I'm going to obey you, Mommy. I'm going to obey you, Daddy." I think because she's such a pleaser and thrives on our words (so far!) that this will work. Spankings (8 in 3 days 2 weeks ago) don't work for this, at least right now.
I'm thankful for a husband that is willing to go along with ideas (even if they seem far out to him) that I want to try. It is nice to have his support and to hear his encouragment that he gives to Lindsey. We'll see if it works! :)
7.09.2007
Pray She Obeys
Posted by Sharon at 7:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment