3.23.2011

Monkey See Monkey Do

This little/big girl is so funny! She's so big one min and then I I have to remember that she's only 4. She came in the other house the other night and said that Daddy was taking her training wheels off. I wasn't really surprised, her personality seems to be that way. I want to do something, so I'm going to. That can be good and bad...

So it didn't take long for her to "get it" but she still isn't confident in all the things it takes to ride a bike. She isn't sure about turns at all. She has to really concentrate to stop. But...she's getting there!


A girls blog that I read (Reba) says sometimes that she "writes posts in her head all day" and I had that happen to me the other day. It's funny having 3 girls and realizing how different they all are. I'm so glad. However, it makes for interesting thoughts as a mom--how to deal with the same situations differently. Then I realized how much Lindsey is like Ryan and Courtney is like me. Who knows about Whitney yet?!

Here are something that I thought of the other night: (as I laied in bed writing this blog post)

  • Very social. Always wants to be around people and can generally find a friend--be at church, the park, McDonald's, Lindsey's friends, etc.
  • Speaks her mind. There is rarely a time when you don't know how Courtney feels about things. She will tell you, whether you want to hear it or not. Hmmmm, where does she get that again?
  • Picky eater. She knows what she likes. She knows what she wants. She may not love a lot of foods, but the ones she does...she loves a lot!
  • Not a reader. I know this isn't necessarily how she may end up, but it is like pulling teeth for her to sit and listen to me read a book to her. She doesn't want to sit still that long I guess.
  • Words mean a lot. Lindsey has learned the use of sarcasm. Courtney. Not so much. Lindsey "gets" it. Ryan teases and she likes that she can tease back. Courtney always always asks if Daddy is being serious or for real. She doesn't get it and I think it is because she takes words to heart. I'm soooo much this way. Lindsey can take a much more harsh tone from me or Ryan when we have to get onto her. Courtney...all you have to do is barely raise your voice and she is crushed. Words to Courtney mean so much more!
  • Mercy. I say that she will either be a nurse or a missionary. If someone is hurt, Courtney wants to know about it and why something is wrong. If someone is hurt, she will do whatever she can to make them feel better. If Whitney is crying and I'm not paying attention (mostly because I know all she wants is for me to hold her) then Courtney gets very disturbed. It bothers her when someone is upset. (this is not from me, but from her daddy...in fact after I had Lindsey my mom even told me that she was impressed with how much mercy I had for her because she had wondered how I'd be. Great! My poor children!)
Oh Courtney Ann...she's a fun little girl. She's a great sister--little and big. I have many people tell me that she's a mini-me. When I sit back and look, I guess I see it too. I hope that she can embrace the personality that God gave her and never squelch her zest for life!

1 comments:

Reba said...

I am SO impressed on the bike thing. Just to decide at such a young age...well, I will just say mine were older. :) It will be neat to see what God does with Courtney's life!