1.04.2011

Our House this past Christmas

I don't have a better picture of my mantle, so here it is: I added the Santa hats (that I made) to go with my cone shaped trees and present topiaries that I have. I love the glittery, brightness of our mantle. Not to mention the simplicity of it this year.

I added this cluster of trees this year. I decided it was a good year to have some Greenwood Bulldog trees! Why not?! I got some ornaments from mom that I knew she had and wouldn't be using. So it was Bulldog colors with sports ornaments. Next year I'm going to keep my eyes out for pawprints, Bulldogs, etc. to add to it! Fun! I love trees!

Then of course the Razorback tree! I love it! I bought some red mesh to add to it next year to make it even better! Can't wait!
We literally threw this up there one night. We both love getting it out and commented that we need to get a new house each year like we used to. There are some great memories with each of these! It isn't perfect or how I would have it if we took some time to get it all set up, but with 3 kids and not much decorating time, it looked good!
I love decorating for Christmas. We had 7 trees in our house this year--not big, but still. I love the "festiveness" of the lamps on and tree lights on and hanging out in the living room. Why is it so peaceful and so fun to just see?! Anyway, I love it. The girls love it and they have trees in their rooms. Next year we will have 8 trees because we will let Whitney have one!

Somehow I don't have a pic of the big tree, but there were a few from when we decorated it!

0 comments: