4.05.2010

Easter Eve

We started a new tradition in the Scogin family this year and I'm super excited about it. A friend, Erin, gave me a recipe that I hadn't heard of called "Resurrection Rolls" and "Ressurection Cookies" (which I renamed Easter Story cookies like Martha called them). Apparently I have been living under a rock because after talking about it, lots of people knew of the rolls and/or cookies.

Here are the girls making the rolls.
Ryan is reading the "script" and verses that go along with each part of the ingredients.
Here are the girls crushing the pecans for the cookies. This part was to represent how the soldiers beat Jesus before he was crucified. Courtney has a really tender heart and said, "Why did they beat him?" Because they didn't like him and thought he wasn't doing good things. Courtney said, "But Jesus is special and they shouldn't hit him." Melt.my.heart.
What an awesome Daddy!

As much as I didn't want to get in the pic because I wasn't "ready" for it, I wanted to be part of the memory of this special night.

0 comments: