9.14.2009

Gymnastics (should be first)

Here is the beginning of class. It is so cute to see her stretch her little legs!

Walking over to the "beans" aka beams! Ha! If you look close, you can see Courtney walking with her hands on her hips! Seriously...

This is how they teach cartwheels. Put your hands down and jump over. She does really well! She seems to love it! She can do a forward roll and is not afraid to do whatever they ask of her. She hsa loved the trampoline and the rings (hanging on them). They had to do a backbend over this big circle thing today and she did it all by herself and then flipped herself over. She is so glad to be doing "big girl stuff" like Lindsey!

Lindsey started back this afternoon too. I was a little nervous about her going back and not being really into it. However, I was really impressed with how she did. She jumped right back in and seemed to be doing even better. She has a new teacher and one that I think will really teach her a lot! Her big accomplishment of today was standing and reaching back to do a backbend. She did it by herself. However, when we got in the car I asked her what she thought. She said, "I didn't like it. That teacher does hard stuff." I reminded her how successful she had been at it and how she was learning new things. She wouldn't just always do rolls and that was all. She just grinned. I think she is just that kid that is going to need a lot of encouragement and "adda girls" to keep going. She doesn't like to do it if it is hard or if she is unsure, but it is good for her and when she does it, she does a good job. The lessons and things we learn as parents, through our children. I hope I can be the encourager she needs and not get frusrated with her!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: