This past weekend I went to Branson with 2 of my best friends in the world! Martha is my long lost sister. We have been friends since 6th grade with only a few bumps in the road! :) If you are reading this then you either know Martha I'm sure or have at least heard of her! Ashley is my college roommate that is a God send! The short of the story is she didn't have a roommate and I didn't either. Through a LONG LONG connection I got her name and phone number and called and asked her if she wanted to live with me. I didn't know her and had never seen her! But, God obviously brought us together! We lived together ALL 4 years at U of A! She is the friend that just adopted Nik from Russia! This is as we were leaving Branson on Sat. in the car because we realized we had not taken any pictures! I was the only one that even brought a camera! It was FREEZING outside with the wind blowing about 75 mph...ok, maybe not that, but it was blowing and spitting snow! We had a BLAST! We decided while we were there that we HAD to do this more often and discussed why we as women/moms don't do this more in general. It was really only about 24 hours that we were gone, which sounds so short. But it was worth it for sure!
11.17.2008
Girls just wanna have fun...
Needless to say. When I got to the hotel and we checked in, we went to the room before heading out to shop! I found these flowers with my name on it!
WOW! He hasn't done flowers in a LONG time and has NEVER sent them somewhere ahead of me. What a husband. I knew he had it in him the whole time! :) Ha!! We are great now and just needed to get those feelings out on the table and talk about it. Like I said, it was nothing major, but it is ALL GOOD now for sure!
He's a great husband and I was being selfish. I am thankful for a man who loves me even through those times of misunderstanding! Way to go Babe! I love you!
Posted by Sharon at 2:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Mmmmm, me and Mr. Hobbs had a rough week last week too. I am still waiting on the flowers. Althogh he did take off work three hours early, that may be flowers in his own little way. . .
No flowers here.....not going to hold my breath! Looks like you had a great time just by that one picture! We all need a little girl time. Tell Martha hello, she still needs a blog.
Way to go Ryan!!! I'm so glad you gal got a chance to get away, how awesome! I'm a bit jealous but so glad for you!!! Can't wait to see you gals soon! I need to talk with Martha too about maybe staying with them while we're in that area. We need to get dates better confirmed but it's been so nuts-o around here!
I am SO jealous of your weekend. I have several sets of friends that I would love to do that with!! I think I owe Travis some flowers....
I'm so glad you had a fun time! I love being able to do stuff with my girlfriends. I think we (women) don't do those things because we take care of the kids. Even though most of us have husbands who are perfectly capable of doing it, we just feel obligated to be the main care provider. That is how I feel anyway. :) So glad you guys "fellowshipped" it out. Beautiful flowers.
How very sweet. It looks like you had a fun girls' getaway! I too wish I would do that more often, but it seems like everyone is so busy. :) I have been there, sister, with the out of town trips. That is when many of our intense fellowships occur. :)
Way to go Ryan!!! He has gotten lots of hubbies in trouble! Sounds like you had a great trip!
Ah love the intense fellowship. I like that word. Maybe Nick and I should work on that so I could get some Doha flowers...ha! So glad you got away and your hubs did so good. What at treat!
I just want to take this time to call you a BIG SLACKER!! What is going on? NO resent posts? I hate that I have to click on your name and login just to see if you have posted anything new (no one else I have on my blog favs are private!) Everytime I look I am so disappointed that there is nothing new! You act like you are busy! Hahahahaha....you know I am just teasing!
Post a Comment