2.22.2008

God Knows What He's Doing!

Ok, the title...meaning that I had a fun afternoon with Lindsey. I'm am such the "girly" mom that I don't know what I'd do with a boy, so I'm glad God knows what He's doing in giving me girls! All my friends that have boys say how special they are (and I don't doubt them for one milisecond), but I'm thankful that I enjoy doing these very girly things with my girls! Lindsey is just getting so big which means fun things, but then I look at these pictures and see how big she really is. In so many ways I look forward to fun things we can do as mom and daughter, but on the flip side I know how fast time goes by and I don't want in any way to rush this time we have together. That being said it was fun to play "big girl" stuff with her while Courtney took a nap. It didn't take much time really, but it was fun. I told her I liked "playing with her hair" and she thought that was so funny. I guess just using the word 'play' with hair was funny to her. She always likes her fingers and toes painted and one other time I straightened her hair when she asked. For some reason today she wanted it straight. I like the way it looks, mostly. She looks older and I don't like that. But, it looks pretty. Not long after she plays though it looks really thin and stringy. As she sat here on the counter it looked great! :) It gets so "static-y" (is that a word?) and just doesn't look good, or I might do it more often. She likes it a lot!


Then here is Courtney from the other night. I had gotten the girls some popcorn chicken at lunch and there was some left. Lindsey was at Puggles or something and so I let Courtney have the rest. As soon as I gave it to her she disappeared. I found her here at the little table with the chicken all spread out. To add cuteness to the story, she had come running in the kitchen with the empty container. That is when I went checking on her and found this! She thinks she is so big! Which she is, but it is funny to realize it sometimes!
However, it isn't funny to realize she's getting big when she's throwing TERRIBLE TWOS fits! Yes, they have started. This is exactly when we started having trouble with Lindsey. Right at this age....18 months! Courtney has thrown what I guess I would call a 1/2 fit. She has gone to all fours on the ground fits, but not laying in the floor fits. I know you moms understand that, right? She has done it two or three times now. Lindsey was a fit in the floor kid. Believe it or not, those of you that know me well might think so, but these fits did not come from me. My mom says that she just doesn't think that I did anything like that. I had my quirks for sure, but not like that. Cynda says that Ryan didn't either, so I don't know where they get it. But, I apparently have 2 fit throwers. Lindsey either whines and rolls around in the floor or throws what I call a "silent fit" when I'm needing her to answer me or tell me something. Example: tonight at supper she asked for more coke (we'd been at a birthday party). I told her no more coke. So she got mad and continued (a million times I think) to tell us that she was thirsty. However, when given her options for drinks, she refused to answer. So, we'd quit asking. Then the continual request for a drink would come. Her 'silent fit' by not answering was very frustrating!
Ok, I'm rambling on about my day, but one day I will read it and be thankful I'm sure. Ryan is at upward coaching, hopefully close to coming home with a victory!

3 comments:

Lynne Paulus said...

Lindsey looks SO old! Oh man they are growing up too fast! I hear ua on the girlie mom thing. I love it too! I've been so proud of watching Jer turn into such a good "girl" dad. It sounds like Ryan is so that way too.
Oh what fun w/ the tantrums! At least there is never a dull moment right?!

Reba said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like you had a fun girlie day. :) I never understood why they called it the terrible twos since it does start earlier than that. (And then three year olds...just two year olds with a year of practice :) I have some dramatic fit throwers at my house...they will throw themselves down. If I don't react (and I rarely do), they get up and do it again! Ahh, the joys of it all...

Angela said...

They are so sweet. I'm so glad you had girls. Other than all the high drama, I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world. Poor little Jeb just doesn't know what he's in for.