12.19.2007

Lindsey's Funnies

Several of my friends' blogs lately have been about funny things their kids have said. I need to be better about documenting these things. Ryan was at work WAY early this morning (4:45) and worked until 6:00 and has to be back early again tomorrow! Glad I'm not the Dad this week for sure! Anyway, he's in bed and I'm awake...

As Lindsey was playing alone in her play room as I cleaned up I hear "Oh Lordy!" and "Danget" (however you spell that). The first one is from me and the second from Ryan! Just funny to hear out of the mouth of a 3 1/2 year old!

She's been asking a lot of questions about Jesus, the angel who told Mary, God, etc. I get nervous about giving her the right answer, but also know that she has "faith like a child" and will believe what I tell her and not question it, even if it seems to be "far out." So, she asked "How did the angel get out of heaven to tell Mary that she was going to have a baby? I don't know Lindsey, I guess it flew down since angels have wings. (concerned/confused look on Lindsey's face) I guess you can ask God one day when you get to heaven (even more concerned/confused look on her face!)." End of converstaion. I'm srue it moved from that into Dora or Cinderella!

Later...."When do you go to heaven? Oh, not until you get old." End of conversation again.

Today..."Mommy, when I get done with all my numbers, I'll go to heaven too. Not yet. Yes, when you are done with your numbers, you will go to heaven, Lindsey." WOW! She put that together. I wasn't sure she even understood what it meant to be old! Amazing how their minds are always turning!

Courntey isn't saying much of anything funny, just "Mommmy, mommy, mommy, mommy times 100!" Seriously! I need to tape it and put it on here. She just walks around SCREAMIN it! Love it most of the time, but other times I need her to hush.

The most precious thing that she does right now is when we pray, she says "Amen" everytime! It started a month or so ago and it was a very long word more like " AAAAAAAAAmen!" Now it is very short and I can't even type how it sounds. Just precious. As we pray at night and I start naming us all off, "Thank you for Mommy....she says "Daddy, Insey (aka Lindsey) Amen" So cute!

Those are my thoughts and words of my precious children! What a blessing they are to me!

1 comments:

Alecia said...

Such great things to remember!