5.30.2013

Field Day/Variety Show

 During the last week of school, the girls had "field day" on Wednesday.  It wasn't like the field day we used to have with 100 yard dash and tug of war, but more just like a carnival and they could walk around and play games as they pleased.  They each had a "theme" to dress up as and a color to wear.  

Lindsey was supposed to wear purple and dress like a cowboy or indian....simple, but it worked!



Courtney's team was supposed to wear red and camo to be "army rangers" (Mrs. Baltazar's husband is in the army, so I'm guessing that's where the idea came from).  Thankfully we had a red Razorback shirt and Kelli had a camo hat that happened to have a Razorback on it.  Court looked pretty darn cute!

 Some of the teachers were in the dunk tank.  This is Miss Mitchell.  Lindsey is waiting in line to have a chance to dunk her.  By the time Lindsey got up there it was Mrs. Houston (the assistant principal) and Lindsey tried hard, but didn't get her down.


I checked the girls out of school to go to lunch.  That wasn't the plan, but they were kind of bored and the only thing they had left that day was the variety show after lunch.  So we went to lunch.  But Whitney had been complaining of her tummy hurting and just not being herself.  So I stopped by the school nurse to ask her thoughts about it when she hadn't been sick really.  She mentioned UTI.  So I called the dr. when we left school and they could see her right then.  So bless the big girls' hearts we had to go to the dr. for Whitney when we were supposed to be going to lunch.  Long story short, she had strep.  By the afternoon she was pretty miserable and running fever.  We went to lunch and back to school for the variety show.  Lindsey's class was toward the beginning of the program.  However, before they even started Whitney was complaining of not feeling good.  It was all I could do to keep her calm enough to watch Lindsey.  I missed Courtney's performance and I hate that....but what's a mom to do?  I sure didn't want Whitney to get sick there at school.  So we had to leave.



0 comments: