6.29.2009

What I learned this weekend

I had a great weekend with my mom, aunt, 2 cousins and their 3 kiddos! They came to visit and we had a blast! There will be a different post with many pictures. I just had some "thoughts" I thought I'd share...

Things I learned about hosting extended family at your house (with small children involved):

1. It is good to clean your house, but almost pointless.

2. ALWAYS use paper plates.

3. Using paper cups would be a good idea too.

4. Be sure you wash towels everyday--with the pool, boat trip and showers, we were running short!

5. Have lots of snacks and drinks!

6. Kids don't care what they eat, but they are hungry all day long (this I knew, but it was multiplied with other cousins here)

7. Have more toilet paper on hand than you think you will need!

8. I want Kyle and Miah to have a baby so we can have cousins around more often! (and Taylor when he gets married)

9. Sleeping arrangements, naps, schedules, etc. have to be super flexible.

10. Having a close extended family is truely priceless!

I absolutely loved having all of these family members around. I am thankful to be close to my extended family. I'm especially close to Wendi and Ashley because we grew up together for a few years right around the corner from eachother. We have fun memories of many things. I'm thankful that our kiddos, even though we aren't around the corner, will grow up knowing eachother. We are hoping to make this a summer tradtion and keep up the fun times! Many pics to come soon!!

2 comments:

Julie said...

so sweet!!! Glad you had a good time! P.S. Our backyard is done, yea! i will be home Mon/tues, then we are leaving for vacation. let me know about coming over for swimming!

Ashley Hall said...

We absolutely loved it too! Thank you for hosting and being so flexible!! All of the kids did great (and the grown ups too)!! We love you!