I just got off the phone with one of my friends, Lesli. She has a little boy who is Courtney's age and twin boys who are 18 months old. One of the twins has been sick a lot this winter with pneumonia. They sent her to a pneumonia specialist (did you know that doctor existed? I didn't!) yesterday to try and figure something out. They did some blood work and asked her A LOT of questions. The doctor came in with a couple of other people and she knew what they were going to tell her wasn't good.
They gave her 2 things that might be wrong. One being a very rare genetic disease. The other being cystic fibrosis. Which is ironic because they had already tested him for that and it came back negative. She said it was boarderline negative, but was negative. This specialist said that she was just going to disregard that test because it was not done at Children's Hospital. So she is taking her little boy, Harper, to Children's one day this week for some more tests. They told her that she would have the results in 2-6 weeks! That is forever when you are waiting to see what is wrong with your child. I just can't pretend to imagine!
Please pray for this family! Lesli is a very strong, independant girl! She is trying so hard to be strong and positive for her family and friends. I tried to tell her it was normal and TOTALLY ok for her to cry and get upset, it is her baby boy we are talking about! I told her to let me know when she's going to Children's so I could pray for the test on that day!
6.09.2009
Please Pray!
Posted by Sharon at 8:18 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
"Lord please be with this sweet mommy, who cares so deeply for her child. Be with her and be with this little guy as they try and navigate this horrible prognosis. remind them Father that you love that little boy even more than they, and that you are El Roi, The Strong One! Amen."
Oh, I'm so sorry! I'll be praying for them!
Post a Comment