6.15.2009

Swimming Lesson Update

For those interested, swimming lessons are much improved to say the very least! Wow!!! Today at swimming even as the lesson went on she (Lindsey) got better and better. She was floating exactly right the first time, kicking and doing her arms, floating on her back, etc. I was shocked as was Mrs. Jayne. Then it came to jumping....the first time was the same as usual. Lots of hesitancy, very unsure, reaching for Mrs. Jayne, not jumping, you get it. Then it came time for the second jumping in a little bit later! She was last. They were closer to me this time. I just said, "Hey. Daddy will pay you $2 if you just jump right in." Mrs. Jayne walked over and IN.SHE.JUMPED! What?!?! I offered money last week too! So crazy! I was so pleased and so shocked.

Then tonight we got to go to the Greenwood pool that we spent so much time at last summer. She informed me that she was not even going to wear floaties AND she was going to jump in. She was right! She wore floaties when she wanted to do a back float by herself and that was it! She even jumped in and didn't want me to catch her! Where did this child come from?!? Mrs. Jayne is going to be in SHOCK tomorrow I think!

Then of course Courtney is all about it and has been the whole time. She thinks she can do it just like L, but L can touch. C can't! So C takes off trying to "float" without me and without floaties! She was also jumping in, but I made her wear floaties unless I was there to catch her. Otherwise she wore them and jumped in all by herself!

Hello swimming pool!

2 comments:

Lynne Paulus said...

way to go Lindsey! It's like something just "clicked" in her all of a sudden! I hope we have that same experience this summer too before K has to learn to swim in the ocean!

Sherry Drennan said...

How exciting! I'm amazed w/ Deac's progress too! They always surprise us, don't they?