Sorry to say I have NO pictures from this Mother's Day! What happened??
Friday night after Ryan got off of work, we went to Bentonville to eat with my parents, brother and Amber at Abuelo's. They had just been down to Lindsey's tball game on Thursday night so we hated to "eat and run" but it was late so we headed out to Ryan's mom's house.
We spent the night there, got up the next morning expecting rain, but it turned out to be a beautiful day! It was even cool while we were outside for a while. The girls jumped on the trampoline, rode 4 wheelers with Ryan--not sure who was having more fun, Lindsey or Ryan. Courtney liked them a lot too, but was not near as excited as the others. We had lunch and gave Cynda her mother's day gifts. It was fun times for sure!
Sunday morning I was woken up by Courtney at 6:22! Wow, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! Ha! What is funny to me even about that is that at our family reunion my "nickname" was 6:20 because apparently the first year I would wake up and want to go swimming at 6:20. Therefore, that is what I thought of when I saw what time it was. But, motherhood was calling, literally. Courtney calls out "momma" over and over. So funny!
Ryan helped them get their cards together and they brought them to me. I was emotional, as I have been this pregnancy more than with the other 2, after a hard morning with Courtney and fit throwing. Wanting it to be a HAPPY Mother's Day, instead of a frustrtaing Mother's Day. She didn't even want to stop playing to come in the living room, so Ryan quit battling her....then thankfully she came on her own. Ryan gave me a sweet/funny card of course. Lindsey had picked out one at the store with Ryan that was super sweet. But we moms know the best cards of all are the ones that are homemade. Priceless....
Lindsey made a card with her handprints in the form of a heart. Then on the inside, she drew me on one side and they "interviewed" her on the other. Here are the questions and her answers:
My mom's favorite color is: hot pink
My mom's favorite food is: peanut butter and jelly
My mom makes me laugh when she: puts on funny shows (didn't even know I did this....)
My mom looks very pretty when she: has on pretty shirts and jewelery
My mom's favorite thing to do is: play games
I like it when my mom: plays with me
I love my mom because: I help her
Too cute! I remember my mom teaching kindergarten and asking her kids these types of questions and how funny the answers would be. It is something I will keep forever. She did this card at MDO. At Mrs. Baker's class she colored a card that had a polaroid picture (which Lindsey was telling me was sooo cool how it worked! Ha!) of her inside of it.
Courtney made me a picture with her handprint which they made into a flower. The cute thing about that is that when she showed it to me she said, "Mommy, Mrs. Brooke didn't make a "C" on it." (for her name) I showed her where she did write her name. Courtney then said, "Then what is that?"--pointing to the letters written across the top of the page that said "Happy Mother's Day." So cute! She knew her name was supposed to be on there, but that those words on the top were not her name! I love it!
I'm so thankful for these blessings God has given us. It was a special Mother's Day for sure. Sort of weird to think that next year sitting here I will be the mother of 3! Wow! God is good!
5.11.2009
Mother's Day Weekend
Posted by Sharon at 8:28 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your right, God is good! I am so glad you had a good mothers day!
so sweet!
Post a Comment