Friday afternoon, Ryan text me and asked me if I wanted to take the girls to Tulsa for the night. I wasn't sure what he had in mind, but just a quick family getaway was a great idea!
I asked my friend Erin who went at spring break where we should stay. We wanted something with a good pool so the girls could swim. She had the BEST hotel for us! (thanks Erin!) It is the Raddison. This slide is just one of the fun water things they had for the girls to play in. It was ALL inside too! WOW! This is the frog slide which was a BIG hit with Lindsey! She wasn't sure at first, but quickly found out she liked it! Here she is in action!
These were the other thing that she loved, but not near as much as the slide. She had to hold onto the ropes and walk across thsese things that moved with the water. She had a little more trouble with these, but she did great! She only did these a couple of times.
E
We swam Friday night and Sat. morning. Then we checked out and headed to Incredible Pizza. This is like a "big kid" Chuck E Cheese. The girls had fun. They had a few kid games and they enjoyed doing those. Lindsey walked around with Ryan, so I don't have a picture of her. This was Courtney's favorite thing...riding this train. She rode it 3 or 4 times!
After lunch we headed to the zoo! It was supposed to rain, but turned out to be a perfect day for the zoo. Not hot, not cold, just right! :) This picture is for my cousin Wendi who lives in Doha, Qatar! They have camel rides like we have pony rides! When we saw these camels, I had to take a picture! Love you Wen! We did not ride them, sorry! :) I did tell Lindsey that Brooks had riden one before!

This is Courtney in the kids petting zoo. Lindsey was freaking out (standing on Ryan's feet anytime she saw a walking animal, even if it was across the yard) therefore I didn't get a picture of her! Courtney was so cute and so soft petting the animals. She loved it!

I had to take this picture, of the pig! No, we did not go to the farm, but the zoo! The most funny part of this is of course a story about Courtney. We were walking into the zoo and talking about all the animals we were going to see. Naming the typical zoo animals. Then Courtney says she wants to see the pigs! What?!?! Lindsey quickly corrects her and tells her that pigs don't live at the zoo, but on the farm. Well.....little did we know, there was a pig at this zoo! Ha!
This is us waiting on the train ride at the zoo. You moms know how it is, there are a lot of pictures of a lot of things but very few (at least most moms I talk to) pictures that I am actually in. The only proof that I was actually part of an event is because there are pictures of it! :) So I was trying to put myself in a picture with my girls at the zoo...Courtney was tired, laid her head down and would not look up. At least my sweet Lindsey would take a picture with me!
We had a great time. The girls loved it. We had very few melt downs and tons of fun! I'm thankful for a husband that wants to take his family places and spend time with us! I am so lucky. The girls are beyond blessed and don't even know it. One day they will!
This is Courtney in the kids petting zoo. Lindsey was freaking out (standing on Ryan's feet anytime she saw a walking animal, even if it was across the yard) therefore I didn't get a picture of her! Courtney was so cute and so soft petting the animals. She loved it!
I had to take this picture, of the pig! No, we did not go to the farm, but the zoo! The most funny part of this is of course a story about Courtney. We were walking into the zoo and talking about all the animals we were going to see. Naming the typical zoo animals. Then Courtney says she wants to see the pigs! What?!?! Lindsey quickly corrects her and tells her that pigs don't live at the zoo, but on the farm. Well.....little did we know, there was a pig at this zoo! Ha!
Several times during that 24 hours I was thinking about what we would do if Tres was here. I would notice babies and think...there we are. I know that these "vacations" will be harder at times with a baby in tow. However, the joy and excitement we have about adding a little one to our family out weighs them all!
6 comments:
OH my gosh! I just giggled and laughed through this post. First of all I love the spontaneous idea from Ryan! And CA sitting at the pool overwhelmed. What?? Then the camels! Seriously!! I wouldn't have done it either. Not that much different than a horse, just higher :) Love the zoo pics and the entire weekend. Cannot WAIT to see yall and spend time together. Tell your Target and Sonic to get ready for Wendi. Its been too long! Oh and tell the chips and salsa!
Dude, you have sooooo inspired a trip to Tulsa. I honestly have decided I (ummm, I mean us, yeah, that's what I mean)will stay there when Jake gets a job. Looks so fun.
So fun! I love spontaneous trips! We'll have to try out the Radisson. I love Tulsa! Hope you are feeling well. I can't wait to find out what you are having. Hugs!
What fun! I had been wondering what you did in Tulsa. We may have to check that out soon. I am always up for a trip to the zoo...
What a fun weekend! I thought every zoo had a "farm/petting zoo" area. Obviously not though! That hotel looked awesome with the pool stuff, our girls would have freaked out with excitement! Great idea for sure from your friend! Nothing like building great memories as a family. Glad you all had a good time together!
Love it and I need the hotel info! We stayed in a hotel in Omaha last summer that looks similar and the boys LOVED it!
Post a Comment